+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling Undergeard in Ulduar

Feeling Undergeard in Ulduar

Hey guys. First of all, ive been browsing this site for a long time, and it has really helped improve my gameplay, the keybinding tutorial in particular, so i wanted to say i apreciate it.

Anyway, over the last 2 weeks y guild has been progressing (semi) steady through Ulduar 10. When i say that we can clear the siege in a few hours worth of work. The problem is that im feeling that im being hit really, really hard, and not seeming to be migating the amount of damage I was expecting. Because of this, my group finds ourselves wiping somtimes just because the healers cannot keep me up. Now, i know the simple answe would be to farm nax 25, but more often then nought im called to heal that, and guild progression through 25's is slow, and so i have yet to get a piece of 25 man tank gear.

I suppose te question is is there anything I can reasonably/ easily do to increase my surviability in Ulduar 10?

Armoury link.
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Fadlan; 07-18-2009 at 06:04 AM.

I am no theorycrafter , but i can give you some advice .
    Indeed your gear is "bordeline" for Ulduar in my point of view . Bosses in Ulduar are real trucks and therfore hit HARD .

Your problem comes from your survival and not your threat from what you said. Your avoidance stats are "ok" but your stam is low .

Try getting pug run's through naxx25 is one of the major solutions. You can also get Ulduar gear crafts ( belt + boots ) and BoE loots ( Cape )

Whereas the sword enchant for survivability would be Life Drain ( more or less 200 stam , and will help your healers alot )

Try to get the 111stam trinket from Azjol to replace the dodge trincket ( i'm french , dont know the names)

you can get 18leatherwork stam on gloves ( if threat really is no issue )

apart from that i cannot give you more advice from my pov ... sorry

I agree with Krog in that your gear is a little bit wanting. You should look to replace a lot of that +block gear.

I agree a stamina trinket would help - replace the dodge one. Consider replacing your neckpiece with the one from badges. Also consider replacing your shield with the one from badges/heroic CoS/crafted.

Replace the parry gem in your legs with dodge/stam or pure stamina.

Spec-wise there are things that you could do differently but none affect your survival.

You should drop the glyph of spiritual attunement for the glyph of divine plea. That's 3% less damage taken and a huge buff to your survivability.

Also make sure that all survival debuffs go up on whatever you are tanking - particularly Demo Shout / Demo Roar / Curse of Weakness. That should help.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Thanks for the responces, both of you. I had forgotten about Gossemer, i have it sitting in my bank. -_- I'll try it for tonights raid.

I'll see if i can find a scrib for glyph of devine plea, thats a great idea.

yeah , do get a lazy warrior to demoshout , and even thunderclap if you can .

Quote Originally Posted by Krog View Post
    yeah , do get a lazy warrior to demoshout , and even thunderclap if you can .
    The demo shout is a good idea as we have nothing to reduce attack power. (vindication will provide this debuff in 3.2)

Th prot pally talent "Judgements of the Just", provides the same attack speed debuff as tclap, just not on multiple targets. However, if you have any other paladins in the raid, make sure they are not using the same judgement as the tank, as theirs will overwrite and remove the debuff.

u might also want to consider dropping the 3 points in benediction and moving it over to divine guardian - u shouldnt really need the mana cost reduction and if u practice keeping sacred shield up constantly, thats more dmg mitigated

+ Reply to Thread