+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting glancing hit's in arms.

Getting glancing hit's in arms.

I have a 13% hit rating and a 7% expertise and im still getting alot of glancing hit's, is there a way i can stop the glancing hit's.

why do you have 13% hit as arms?

and afaik you can't push glancing hits off the combat table, only misses, dodges, and parries (if you are behind the boss you don't have to worry about parries on your combat table)
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Short answer: No
    Long answer: If you never have a white swing, you'll never see a Glancing Blow

Glancing blow - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

the reason my hit is so high becuz of my gear ive been trying to get more DPS gear becuz my main spec is tank and my tank is geared, i have 3.8k Attack power with about 1325 str and im all gems for str.

this is the combat table:

Miss 8%
    Dodge 6.5%
    Parry 10%
    Glancing Blow 25.0%
    Block 6.5%
    Combined hit + crit At most 44%

melee standing behind the boss pushes blocks and parries off the table. being expertise "capped" (-6.5% change to be dodged) pushes dodges off the table, leaving misses, glancing blows, and hit/crits. being hit capped pushes misses off the table, leaving just glancing blows with 24% and then crits/hits. so no matter what you do, you cannot push glancing blows off the table. standing behind the boss you can either:

Glancing Blow 25%
    Combined hit + crit 65%

i could be totally wrong though...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

ack i hate seeing them lol
    well im kinda happy just did 25man naxx and was 3rd overall DPS with hunters and alot of casters.

+ Reply to Thread