+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I MT Naxx10?

Can I MT Naxx10?

So, I've been lurking for a while, but I finally decided to create an account and get some advice for my Warrior.

Obviously, here is my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I'm working on getting the gold for the BoE gun, working on maxing out Mining for the Stam bonus, and working JC dailies for my Dragon's Eye gems.

Where can I improve? (Note: I know that I shouldn't gem for defense, but I was 1 defense skill from being hit capped, and I didn't know where else to get the points from.)

As you can see I've OTed Naxx10, but I don't feel confident that I can MT it yet.

Expertise and Hit, I know I still need, but where should I put those gems? And I'm currently hesitent to throw too many gems that way, since Stam is king for PuGs (no guild = lots of PuGs).

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
    Last edited by Intari; 07-13-2009 at 11:00 PM.

You should be able to MT fine wont be the easiest MT on the block but doable.

My only real concern would be threat generation given your average weapon if you had serious DPS in raid. Run H-UtP and see if you can get RSOC but I am sure others have tanked thru with that weapon.

Drop the stupid parry gem in the chest (def/dodge is better if you need colour) although personally I would put a +20def on shield and gem straight 24 stam in that slot and ignore colour. You need to work on your sons of hodir rep for a proper shoulder chant.

As for Hit like you I wouldn't bother with it unless raid was riding butt on threat and in your case there as so many easier options to generate more threat (like better weapon and gear you could buy on AH) waste of time at current level IMO. Things like Armor Plated Combat Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft, Inexorable Sabatons - Item - World of Warcraft, Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft all major upgrades for you if you have the cash.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    You should be able to MT fine wont be the easiest MT on the block but doable.

My only real concern would be threat generation given your average weapon if you had serious DPS in raid. Run H-UtP and see if you can get RSOC but I am sure others have tanked thru with that weapon.

Drop the stupid parry gem in the chest (def/dodge is better if you need colour) although personally I would put a +20def on shield and gem straight 24 stam in that slot and ignore colour. You need to work on your sons of hodir rep for a proper shoulder chant.

As for Hit like you I wouldn't bother with it unless raid was riding butt on threat and in your case there as so many easier options to generate more threat (like better weapon and gear you could buy on AH) waste of time at current level IMO. Things like Armor Plated Combat Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft, Inexorable Sabatons - Item - World of Warcraft, Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft all major upgrades for you if you have the cash.
    Ya, I'm working on getting either RSoC or the axe from the Argent Tournament (still a ways to go, though). The parry/def gem was all they had, and I hated putting it in there (was about to run something else and needed the defense).

And those items you mentioned are on the long list of stuff I need to buy, but don't have the gold for. (Epic flying and dual spec being on the list too)

Thanks for the tips!

+ Reply to Thread