+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The noob tanking druid :(

The noob tanking druid :(

Hey guys im going tank for my guild, and tbh atm i know almost nothing about it

So if possible can you tell me what rotations you think is good and i should use. Any tips for how to tanking is always appreciated.

I have made my own spec on wowhead.com talent calculator tho i have no idea if its the "best" one out there, so can you please also post some nice tanking specs? the only really thing i have control over is the glyphs, gear and that kind of stuff, so now its about basically HOLDING the aggro ;D

Thanks in advance!

1 of the guides were outdated, but the other one was ok, still need some more info about macros and my rotation

You can check out my build if you want. It's a pretty common one.

The World of Warcraft Armory

You're gear is essentially dps gear, so threat is not too much of a problem, unless some dps makes it hard for you while multi target tanking. Thats not usually your fault though. Gems and enchants you should go with stam and agi. I go mostly stam, but its more preference. Stam=more Hp Agi=more avoidance/migitation. Its good to have a good balance. The rotations I use go......

Multiple Targets- Mangle, Swipe, Swipe then rinse and repeat.
    Single Target- Mangle, Lacerate, Lacerate then rinse and repeat.

Use Feral Faerie Fire when its up. Demoralizing roar isn't bad to grab attention of mobs. Pop cooldowns like Barskin and trinkets.

Some macros to look into are maybe an "Oh Crap" button. Something that will blow cooldowns like frenzied regeneration and Survival Instincts to save you if something goes wrong. You can also make macros to put your single target tanking and multi tartget tanking into single buttons.

A few excellent tips on threat and rotation can be found here:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f175/...king-gear.html

+ Reply to Thread