+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms bursting on healers

Arms bursting on healers

This topic is centred around mashing different heal classes to the floor as much as possible:

I find priests are a absolute nightmare to take down in a short space of time. Bubble is and a MS and OP is essential to put on the hurt.

If i dont get a piercing howl or hamstring they HoT themselves and do a little kite while charge / intercept is on cd.

The usual abilties will be prioritise:
    - Rend
    - MS
    - OP
    - Execute
    - Slam

So its fine if u have some time to beat them down, however im finding myself in bgs, keeping the healer busy and heals on himself. Takes quite a while...suppose its a good role if your dps are attacking the rest and they arent receiving heals cause the MS war has the healer pinned down and focussing on himself.

Paladins would probably be the next bane of my existance. Plate mitigates quite a bit, but their Bubble just gets a shattering throw and its overs.

Druids are fine, shamans dont stand a chance.

Anyone else taking quite a while to get a priest down?
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Why are you using slam in PVP!? It's not even on my bars >_>

Anyways, I find that priests take a while to take down. Unrelenting Assault while they are casting is a must, but they do go down eventually.

Hardest healer to take down is definitely druids though... you have to sit in zerker stance to pummel cyclone and need to stance dance to use your TfB procs. Killing them becomes infinitely harder / near impossible if they have a pillar to run around, especially the ones in Nagrand arena where you get LoS messages despite the target being 2 feet in front of you.

Slam, I rarely use it as one of my other higher priority abilities would have lighten up. Hence why on the bottom of my list.

Arena LoS does pose a problem with them they have time to full HoT themselves. But if i can keep in sight. Once Ms and OP is up on them i have time to shift out change stance, stun and reapply pressure.

Just finding the priests a bugger to nail...
    ie: if there is a priest, u start nailing him, if a dps pulls in to attack u along the way, u will fall before the priest. Even when hes focussing heals on himself...

I've found priests to be the 2nd easiest to kill (shaman of course are the easiest). Hardest are prot spec'd healing pali's, then druids. Really they're all fairly easy if their partner let's me be. I play with a prot spec holy pali so any team with half a brain doesn't leave me alone. DKs have redefined 'peeling'.

as an arms warrior in pvp you want to stack strength and stam right? not worry so much on resil? (that is if you have a good healer).
    i've had the worst time burning down healers. they seem to just go and instantly heal full even with their %50 healing. i can kill the shamans and pallidans easy but those priests and druids eat my damage like cake.

should i be worrying about having higher dps or not taking damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    Slam, I rarely use it as one of my other higher priority abilities would have lighten up. Hence why on the bottom of my list.
    I don't think there's a reason to use slam at all in PVP, especially untalented. 1.5 second cast, during which unable to move, triggers GCD, and halts swing timer. If the target is moving, you've basically paused your swing timer for no reason. Plus, you can't UA heals during the GCD, which is a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Prayer View Post
    as an arms warrior in pvp you want to stack strength and stam right? not worry so much on resil? (that is if you have a good healer).
    i've had the worst time burning down healers. they seem to just go and instantly heal full even with their %50 healing. i can kill the shamans and pallidans easy but those priests and druids eat my damage like cake.

should i be worrying about having higher dps or not taking damage?
    From reading your other topic I thought you were a priest?

Warriors basically sit in full PVP gear, so I don't see how you can "aim" for certain stats. If you mean gemming-wise, I don't think any melee class gems for full resil..
    Last edited by Genome852; 07-14-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Yeah you are right, i never really manage to get to a slam in the rotation. It is a waste of GCD.

So in a bg situation. Is it sufficient (are we doing our job), if we can keep a healer under pressure focussing himself. While the rest of the dps fire away and nuke down? Or should we join the rest of dps MS, opposing faction and burn him down and all move to healer thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    Yeah you are right, i never really manage to get to a slam in the rotation. It is a waste of GCD.

So in a bg situation. Is it sufficient (are we doing our job), if we can keep a healer under pressure focussing himself. While the rest of the dps fire away and nuke down? Or should we join the rest of dps MS, opposing faction and burn him down and all move to healer thereafter.
    In bg's, especially if organized, I find it best to ALWAYS go for the healer, especially if I have my own.

As an arms warrior my general priority is healer, caster, plate.

SImply because a healer will keep a plate wearer alive while casters dish out far to much DPS to ignore. I tend to charge/intercept into the back rows of casters, drop a fear bomb, then a shield wall to prevent from getting blown up.

I find this generally gives my DPS enough time to blow down 1-2 targets then come and save me
    http://www.nomorenoob.com ...it's a warrior blog
    http://world-of-warcraft-help-guide.blogspot.com ...get a good leveling add-on here.

I also struggle the most with priests. Then probably prot/holy pally's. Yes shaman's are usually the easiest, and tree's are the next for me. For some reason unless a druid is amazing at cc's they don't stand a chance. I'm always happy to see a tree in my sights. I don't have issues with los so much, it's the fact that the priest bubble lasts forever during my damage, usually long enough for him to cast it again as soon as I pop the first. Inner fire doesn't help them much once the bubble is gone, but that's yet another thing keeping my damage lower than it could be. Fear ward is almost always up knowing my luck, so intimidating shout is a useless and wasted effort. That's just holy. I have prob a harder time going toe to toe with a disc priest, having him stay at 100%hp AND deal more damage to me than I'm dealing to him. Very frustrating. I have found that annoying the priest a bit at first and switching to a dps class fairs better. Yes he's getting healed, but I usually can out damage the healz over time.

(sorry for the wall)

Priests are probably the easiest target for a warrior to burn down, shaman are in a similar state. Either one can be crushed underfoot in very short order unless their partner is dedicated solely to protecting their healer. Most are, making it non-trivial; the others are almost always a free win.

The biggest thing to be aware of with priests is that absorbed rend damage will not trigger Taste for Blood. If the priest is sitting with a shield up, you've effectively lost access to overpower - not only removing your quasi-interrupt but cutting your damage to the point where burning through the shield may not be possible before weakened soul fades. When power word: shield goes up, throw everything (MS, overpower even if they're not casting, berserker stance and whirlwind) to burn through it as fast as possible - keeping the threat of Overpower on the table justifies it completely. If you had to throw overpower and whirlwind, it's likely you're now in berserker stance to ready a pummel. Once the shield is down, get ready for a second damage swing. If you have someone else to throw in a stun, MS and bladestorm should be enough to force pain suppression - possibly kill them through it. If not, do it again 90 seconds later and they're dead.

-Splug

+ Reply to Thread