+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad DPS rant

Bad DPS rant

So, I was tanking H AN today trying to get that trinket to drop. Probably close 20 runs now. Still no trinket. Got to the last boss and the DPS was a little sub par. Not that it was real low numbers, but more of the classic bad DPS, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. Standing in poison clouds. Standing in the spike rumbles. Attacking the wrong targets. Not to mention ignoring the "kill the X first" comments. Well, normally I can pull the DPS trough a instance that are like this. But Anub in AN is hard on the healer when the DPS get hit by every spike and attack the little guys to get them off the healer, but don't kite them back to me. So, I taunt them and the DPS just keep attacking the guy so I lose aggro again with my taunt on CD.

We wiped, and right away the DPS blame me for not hold aggro. Asked me why be a tank if you can't hold aggro. Well, I was sick of it and my trinket didn't drop anyways, so I left the group. I was pretty pissed and asked the DPS, Why DPS when you can't watch your aggro or where your standing. The response stunned me. That's not my job, my job is to kill whatever I can not worry about threat. This coming from a class that has threat drop skills.

A few more people to my ignore list....

Sorry for the rant, just don't know how some people can continue to be that bad at this game. I guess Im just getting more impatient with bad players after tanking with a bunch of good smart players in my guild. I'd just give up on heroics, but I want that trinket.

Thanks for listening, for those who read my whole rant.

I tended to do this mostly with guildies who were gearing up alts, meant they at least know what to do when their dps is low due to gear, and even then they usually have specced right etc so do their share. Did get it from a pug group though in the end, we never killed the last boss cause they were so shit I stuck around through several wipes, I'd gotten my trinket only fair to persist as long as was worth trying.

meh get used to it, playing as a tank AND healer (dual specced pally) the dps always blames the tank and/or healer first

its one of the reasons why tanks/healers burn out quicker and switch to dps specs - just shrug it off and move on the better players

As I mentioned over in General Discussion, Life at the low end, my favorite pet theory on the scarcity of tanks is the sort of ridiculous treatment you received.

+ Reply to Thread