+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dieing and don't know why

Ok we weren't there so it's sort of hard to make a call ... but everyone is quick to blame the healers.

But I also put it too you would you have charged Razorscale without popping a trinket, shield wall something?

I can't know how far razor was but surely he didn't need the rage because he has been tanking the mobs. I am not a fan of charging bosses in ulduaar but again thats personal.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

The reason for the charge is I'm building threat on him when he hits 50% he does his wing buffet to toss you away if you time it right your charge keeps razorscale in normal position and stops you from taking fall damage unless this was changed, but every wing buffet that's how I stop my fall damage.

For the SW issues I am used to the SW being used only for frenzies or whatever they are called now when the boss hits a low % of HP, so I will get used to poping it more often.

Before the boss hits 50% I warn all my healers I will be facing razorscale to the south I may get knockedback and I told them to stand outside the circle to avoid the punt, but every time I tank this boss it seems like this happens. I got used to charging and poping Last stand to try and give time for healers to re-adjust to the punt and everything. Not only do i have death issues with Razorscale though but deconstructor and pretty much every boss in ulduar they have me MT for so I don't know. Sadly I can't find the parses for the other bosses though.

The charge is fine, but your healers have to be prepared for it. Because of charge, healers have to be more predictive about the tank's positioning, if they're used to sitting in the back waiting for a pull, you're going to get out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Laldail View Post
    . Not only do i have death issues with Razorscale though but deconstructor and pretty much every boss in ulduar they have me MT for so I don't know. Sadly I can't find the parses for the other bosses though.
    Ok as I said we can't tell what is going on but sounds like there are raid issues and you aren't all in sync.

As a basic rule I am glyphed to 2min on SW and I always pop it any movement pull to a boss who hits 25K+ because your healer is trying to move to position as are you, so there is plenty of chances for error and 2 hits and you are dead.

Take XT I would always pop it on pull because both healer and I are moving. I would trinket first tantrum and SW should be back for 2nd but really you also get extra heals and shielding from raid when they occur as you get a nice announcement on it.

Your gear is fine and you aren't taking any significant more damage than the other tank so it's the fine detail stuff between you and healer and you and raid.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post

Take XT I would always pop it on pull because both healer and I are moving. I would trinket first tantrum and SW should be back for 2nd but really you also get extra heals and shielding from raid when they occur as you get a nice announcement on it.
    Why wouldn't you all just move into position and use a hunter to MD ?

And what trinket are you using on tantrum ?

Yeah don't even get me started about our hunters and there reluctance to MD because it upsets there rotation I qq'ed this in a thread elsewhere.

From memory you can also only do the walk in tanking towards one side but not sure because I never get to try it :-)

Dodge trinket there is no point in punching last stand or a HP trink the damage is percentage based (80%). I am trying to really dodge the hit or 2 immediately after the tantrum.

Edit: I am also assuming he is moving because he wouldn't or shouldn't get smashed if he was on a stationary pull.
    Last edited by uglybbtoo; 07-19-2009 at 10:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread