+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I took your advice

I took your advice

Guys,

Thnx for the advise on the talents. I have recently picked up more tanking gear and i think my block and parry rating are heading in the right direction. I know that with more TRUE tank gear they will get much better, so what is a good percentage for the block parry and dodge ratings? Also I am doing really good tanking, but I struggle on groups of casters who are spread out, any suggestions there? Example in occulus when you first enter, there are little dragonkin who cast, initially I can keep aggro but they tend to scatter. Am I missing a technique here?

Thnx

The World of Warcraft Armory

Use Spell Reflect if you aren't. If you pull correctly you can reflect pretty much every attack at the start. Then it's pretty much Thunderclap and hit what you can for those whelps while AoE nukes them.

Thnx for the advice on those nasty little whelps, does the same apply for all ranged dps(minus the spell reflect of course) do I just go from target to target and aggro constantly? or try to aggro all from the center of the mob?

There's multiple ways to handle casters.

With Gag Order you can Heroic Throw one from range to momentarily silence it, having it walk into the group.

It's rare you can't charge straight into the middle of mobs so you can do that to quickly close the distance to a caster and hold any melee mobs next to them. Naturally if they aren't being interrupted you have Spell Reflect and Shield Bash to lower the damage intake.

It's usually safest to kill casters first as you can handle melee damage better than spell damage, so take the fight to them. If there are multiple you can heroic throw one, charge the other and everything will be grouped up so Thunder Clap and Shockwave can hit them all. If you are using CC, you can use that on casters and kill them last. It's rare that there is a bunch of casters all together (like the whelps), there is normally 1-2 which can be handled pretty easily.

OK thnx Ill give that a try then.

ChildeRoland

+ Reply to Thread