+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can I do to improve?

What can I do to improve?

I want some advice as to what I can improve to make my toon better be it talent tree changes, glyphs, gems, enchants, gear anything . Please give some advice.

I am the MT for my guild. We are doing 10 man ulduar(Yogg and General left) and moving up to 25's once we get a few more people. Any info you would like to know just ask.

The World of Warcraft Armory Gear

The World of Warcraft Armory Talents and Glyphs

Start or keep doing 25 man Flame Lev, I can't tell if you are or have been doing it already. It drops a nice ring, BiS Bracer and a weapon upgrade, it can also drop the blade ward and blood draining enchanting patterns.

If you guild can manage 2 tower normal, you can bring in a coupe more people and destroy easy more 25 man flame lev.

The Leviathan's Coil - Item - World of Warcraft (looks like a direct upgrade for the earthguard ring)
    Titanguard - Item - World of Warcraft (beautiful weapon)
    Mimiron's Inferno Couplings - Item - World of Warcraft(Passed these to another tank on my first Heroic Flame Lev kill, didn't realize how good they were /facepalm)

Edit: Statistics tab tells many things, start doing 25 man Flame Lev, even if its not until Monday night if people don't want to be saved to a dead end for the whole week. You have the core to do it easily, just make sure no-one does too horribly. The patterns may be of more use to your enchanters, I saw the JC diamond as enchanting for some reason.
    Last edited by Davout; 07-12-2009 at 02:06 AM.

thank you very much i will try that. you are the only one to offer any advice so far so again i thank you. anyone else willing to help please do so i will look into all advice and see what i can do to be better at what we do.

More advice from people if possible please. I am taking advice on all aspects of my character so please give any suggestions you may have.

Do you have the JC stam trinket? I'm going to assume you do since you obviously went into JC to pickup the jewler's gems.... I was wondering if you had tried it instead of essence of gossamer. Kinda getting into theorcraft here, but is its once per minute button better than the the damage absorbtion done by the essence? Not sure if its an upgrade or just a sidegrade for someone of your gear calibur.
    I was the lonely voice on my server who simply wanted to know: When Michael Jackson died....did he drop any good loot?

Beyond just saying, "run more and get more upgrades" it will require more information than just a request for general help. =)

So, some feedback:

1.) How do you do pulls (for each size, single, small group, large group)?

2.) When you play, what percentage of the time do you spend looking at your bars versus looking at the physical field of play?

3.) How do you handle your UI? What sort of addons do you use that are central to what you need to know as a tank? Do you have a clear viewing space or is your screen covered in things?

4.) Are there any items you have trouble with? Things that come to mind: seeing/using procs quickly, keeping CDs up like Holy Shield, catching when important things in encounters happen, watching when buffs fall off.

Maybe any of that could smoke out where you could use some non-gear/talent choice related improvement?
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Sry for the long time responding got busy at work and raiding. I am the MT in my guild. we have cleared up to General in Ulduar on 10 man. I am currently using SpartanUI add on as well as recount, Omen, DBM, SCT and PallyPower. My area is allo clear except at the bottom, I also have all my tanking keys binded to my Number pad for times when im not doing too much moving around. i will link a image of it. I changed my Spec a Tad so please go check it out and see if its good. I just picked up a belt and gloves from Ulduar as well. I still feel like im taking too much damage at times. I am told im doing good but id like to do better.

The World of Warcraft Armory Armory

The World of Warcraft Armory Talents & Glyphs

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...309_213915.jpg UI during Raid

Also need to know if i can tank 25 man Ulduar and if so how far into it in my current gear.

Will i be good to tank 25 Ulduar and the newer 10 and 25 man Raids.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Zelthan View Post
    Also need to know if i can tank 25 man Ulduar and if so how far into it in my current gear.
    WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings has you pegged at Ulduar-25 and Trial of the Crusader-10 for your instances to focus on in terms of difficulty and loot. It's not an exact science, as much of it comes from your confidence and skill but still.

One thing I would say is to lose the Expertise gems - generally you'll enhance survivability through having Solid (blue) in blue sockets plus anything with a poor socket bonus, Enduring (green) in yellow sockets with a good bonus and Shifting or Regal (purple) in red sockets with a good bonus. Expertise is better for us now than it once was but Ulduar-25 (and hard modes) test your survivability far harder than anything previously so EH and avoidance are king. Threat is a by-product that you needn't really gem or enchant for.

thank you ill give it a shot

+ Reply to Thread