+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with gear gems and enchants

Help with gear gems and enchants

Good day!
    I have been reading these forums and elitist jerks for a while trying to figure out this whole tanking thing.
    Anywho last night journeyed into Ulduar 25 last night with a pug and for some reason had a ton of issues staying alive on Ignis trash

Im pretty sure its because i was getting no heals at all but i just want to get a little insight to see if my gemming and enchants are being properly used.

Anywho my toons name is Zigheist on Skullcrusher.

Any suggestions flames whatever that may help is welcome
    Thanks in advance.

GAH! No Linky makes me sad panda because that makes me wanna have to work more >< Lesse here.

The World of Warcraft Armory

First thing first: ...Atomic Kittens? Really? lmfao

Ok ok, seriously..let's see here.

Your gemming is fine. You're gemming for health which is fine and dandy to be honest with ya. It'll give you a small cushion to relax on. You're a bit low on health though, which is strange. 27k seems to be something you'd wanna start in Naxx gear if I can recall. I thought I started Ulduar 25 with around 30k fully buffed. I could be wrong. Anyway..

You seem to have a mash of Naxx 25/10 as well as a couple of Ulduar gear. I don't see the problem gear wise either so that can't be it.

You're way over the defense cap so it's not a crit issue either.

Enchant wise, your shoulders are missing an enchant, not gewd. Get Hodir enchant. Otherwise the rest are fine.

Short of a log, unfortunately, at this point, I cannot see anything really that was your fault. Shoulders aside, you're strong enough. Maybe your healers were casting while a Jet Flame went off and got interrupted and couldn't heal you. Communicate with your healers and find out what's going on.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Sorry about the lack of link I cant access Armory from work :-(

Appreciate your input.

right now I sit at 30.3k HP Unbuffed (For some reason Frost presense doesnt always show as on for me)

I dual specced a blood tank spec and can hit 34k HP unbuffed in that spec.
    but I havent used it yet and dont want to start in Ulduar.

Honestly the times i was dieing was on the flame elemental trash leading into Ignis. Im pretty damn sure it was a lack of heals because I had no issues with tanking other stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigheist View Post
    Honestly the times i was dieing was on the flame elemental trash leading into Ignis. Im pretty damn sure it was a lack of heals because I had no issues with tanking other stuff in there.
    We had problems with tanks dying on those when we first started Ulduar. They are some pretty nasty trash pulls. Key is to make sure your healers are divided up and assigned to a specific tank, so you don't have too little healing on one, too much on the other. And try to avoid getting caught against a wall with the tornados hammering you. Be ready to move. And have your healers at max range and spread out so they're not all running at once from the same tornado. Otherwise, be ready to pop a cooldown if your health gets low.

Does Anti Magic Shield Prevent dmg from the flame tornadoes? Is that considered magic Dmg?

AMS does help. Also don't get cornered by the tornadoes or they'll machine-gun destroy you :P

Also the difference damage intake from naxx to ulduar is pretty staggering when trash hits as hard as most naxx bosses.

May very well be just healers being surprised/unprepared that FoL just wont cut it in ulduar.

Thanks all for your input.

I think it all had to do with the fact we where pugging Uld 25. cant expect much when its a pug. hope for the best expect the worst.

Anywho i grabbed the PVP Shoulder enchant as it was easier then hodir to get.
    I dont know what the hodir enchant is so i dont know how much better it is.

Hopefully i can find myself a regular ulduar 25 and make some progress

The Hodir enchants are well worth the grind to get them. Much better than the pvp ones.

+ Reply to Thread