+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I go to Naxx 25? Or wait on one piece?

Should I go to Naxx 25? Or wait on one piece?

I managed to get my warrior to 80 last weekend, and have been fortunate enough to pug a Naxx 10 and an OS 10 where no one needed anything. I came out of those 2 runs with a total of five upgrades which replaced crafted/quest blues, so I was pretty happy. Got the legs from H-VH about 30 mins. ago, so I'm sitting pretty good, except for my weapon. Slayer of the Lifeless didn't drop in Naxx, and 4 or 5 attempts at the Red Sword of Courage have yielded nothing but the cloth and mail belts each time....so I'm stuck with the Eternally Folded Blade from HoL reg. I know that, stats-wise, I meet the requirements to go to Naxx 25, etc., but somehow tanking a 25-man raid with a blue main-hand seems somehow wrong to me. After that lovely story, my question is this: Am I crazy? Should I just go ahead and make my way to Naxx 25, and ignore the inevitable WTFLOLBLUEWEPLRN2PLY remarks? Has anyone else ever held back from the next level of content waiting for that ONE piece? Just looking for some opinions.

My warrior's name is Amariyah, on Kilrogg-US. I haven't figured out how to post an Armory link yet

Thanks,
    Plitt

Depends on your healers and if you are uncrittable. At this point, most people are geared enough to carry a few nubs through 25 naxx, but you might want to OT not MT. People will reccognize your lack of gear very fast if you are a tank, so let a better-geared tank MT to instill some confidence in your group. Still, though, farm H UP every day for that sword, because the chance of you getting the Last Laugh in a pug is remote. You might also want to spend some time doing the argent tournament stuff for the tank axe reward up there, especially if you are an Orc.

You're doing well and have plenty of HP, but I also wouldn't say a blue 1H weapon is the only thing holding you back. Your Expertise is really low, keep grinding your Wyrmrest rep to revered and pick up the Breastplate of the Solemn Council (+56 Expertise too). Much better than your quest reward blue chest. I also like the badge neck (and trinket) better than what you have now. Keep grinding heroics if you need more Emblems of Heroism (and wear your Wyrmrest Tabard for the rep). You're a bit overcapped in defense and equipping the badge neck will give you even more flexibility in that area as the Naxx 10 Trash neck is low on +Def (it's also a trash tanking neck, not boss worthy). The +Dodge on Valor Medal of the First War is really nice too for a Naxx Tank.

Oh, and here is your Armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I agree that you need to work on your expertise (I'd use expertise-stam gems instead of dodge-stam), but I disagree on replacing the alchy trinket wit the valor medal, the alchy trinket has a very nice mix of stamina and avoidance, and you get the bonus from pots. That said, you're more than ready to start tanking Naxx25 IMO, give it a shot.

When my guild first started doing Naxx25, I was using Unbreakable Will from Hyjal... :<

But yea, you're ready to do Naxx25. Good luck!

You're good to go in Naxx25 for sure. Just keep running Heroic UP and hopefully the Red Sword will drop eventually.

Ya, after viewing your armory, you have very decent gear, and you should have no problem main tanking 25 naxx. Yes, your expertise is low, but you've already read the posts concerning this. Here is my armory link, my expertise is not quite as high as I want, but I'm working on it. The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks for the input, all. Haven't been able to check back in due to work, and Safari acting up on my Mac. I badged my T7 chest last night, and I started working on Wyrmrest rep once I had Argent Crusade to Revered (Wyrmrest @ 28 pts. into Revered atm). Sitting at a whopping 9 expertise right now, but since I have 546 def., I can lose one or two of my Enduring gems and replace them with expertise ones. While I'm hesitant to lose the Major Stamina on my bracers for expertise, would it be worth it to replace the Armsman on my gloves with Expertise?

Edit: I replaced the 3 Regal Twilight Opals I had with Guardian's Twilight Opals. I guess that's a start.

Thanks,
    Plitt
    Last edited by Plitt; 07-11-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Replacing Armsman with Expertise would be much better than replacing the Bracer enchant.

From a simple stat perspective, you get much more benefit from Stamina on the bracers. For example, using your new Expertise/Stamina gems you have 24 Expertise Rating + 76 Stamina. You could even replace the Expertise/Stam with pure Expertise to get 48 Expertise Rating + 40 Stamina. Whereas if you use the expertise enchant you cut that down to 39 Expertise Rating + 36 Stamina (with exp/stam gems). Either option with the Stamina enchant trumps the option without it.

+ Reply to Thread