+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add'l 3.2 PvP changes

Add'l 3.2 PvP changes

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> PTR Patch 3.2.0 Notes

Under Mages:
    # Permafrost now also reduces the target's healing received by 7/13/20%

Under Priests:
    # Improved Mind Blast: Redesigned. Now, in addition to reducing the cooldown of your Mind Blast spell by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds, while in Shadowform your Mind Blast also has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to reduce all healing done to the target by 20% for 10 seconds.

Under Warriors:
    # Bloodrage: This ability now generates 20 rage initially, and 10 rage over the next 10 seconds. The health cost is unchanged.
    # Execute: This ability now never costs more than a total of 30 rage. The tooltip for Sudden Death has been revised to remove reference to that maximum, since the ability now behaves that way even when untalented.
    # Shield Block: Shield Slam no longer benefits from the increased block value granted by this ability. However, while Shield Block is active, Shield Slam generates 100% additional threat.

Paladins and Shamans have massive changes in place, too much to bulletpoint, but quite a bit that should change their balance. Specifically, paladins will be more mana-constrained than before, and shamans should have a great deal more overall viability.

Just a couple of thoughts, understanding that what goes on the PTR is often not what goes live.

Looks like a healing debuff is continuing to spread about, now going to frost mages and shadow priests. I expect that this may cause a mild change to the existing, dominant RMP build in that they can just allow the mage to passively produce a 20% MS debuff and let the rogue use crippling and mind-numbing exclusively, but perhaps real usage will be different. Given that priests and mages are two of the most commonly found classes, key to both the dominant 3v3 teams and the eurocomp for 5v5, I find giving the MS debuff to them to be... um... a remarkably odd decision for Bliz.

Any other thoughts / comments?

With resilience getting buffed so hard the spreading of an MS effect makes sense, being both a frost mage and a shadow priest (very rarely in pvp though) I welcome the changes.

Plus our MS is magic so it's dispelable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    With resilience getting buffed so hard the spreading of an MS effect makes sense, being both a frost mage and a shadow priest (very rarely in pvp though) I welcome the changes.

Plus our MS is magic so it's dispelable.
    Yep. The Warrior MS is still the best of the lot, at 50% and physical. But the ones for Mage and Priest will be totally passive, just stacked on top of very common abilities. Dispel it? Um... just until the next chill effect.

The big question I have is why does it go to these classes, and not others? And, if everyone needs it, why the buff to resilience to begin with? It seems odd to give the MS debuff precisely to some of the most dominant PvP classes while letting other classes without MS just eat the loss of DPS from resilience.

I don't think mages really needed it. Spriests needed something though, you pretty much never see those.

Good point, Bloodwraith. The "P" in RMP isn't shadow.

Rogues will still be using the same poisons 20% MS isn't worth giving up the other 30%, rogues get crippling anyway with their talents.

The change will make other caster comps much more viable though, namely Lock Mage + x-healer (resto shaman would be nice) Get Spellcleaved yo!

On AJ they refer to that as Wizard Cleave

+ Reply to Thread