+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Feedback: Average Boss Damage

Need Feedback: Average Boss Damage

Ok, I'm working on an attempt at a simple guide to tanking, something accessible to all levels of knowledge, but loaded with real numbers and followable practical expressions of tanking traits.

What I'd like to include is a relative scale of incoming damage that can be expected.

Can people reply with some numbers pulled from WWS/WWO and combat logs for typical damage values they see from bosses in heroics, Naxx, OS, EoE, and Ulduar?

It doesn't need tremendous depth, and it can/should be after base mitigation though preferably without CDs where you can help it. I just want to get an approximate range and average value so I can set a rough threshold for tanks to hit for required stats, particularly health.

This is a pretty grand undertaking on this portion, so any help people can render will be very much appreciated.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

What links would you like included as minimum?

So far you have WWS, no use of cd's, what else?
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

Whichever logging is your choice, and I don't necessarily need the raw data either (though it can help). Really I'd just like to see typical numbers from bosses, something of the following:

<Boss Name> - <Instance>
    Melee = XXXXX average, YYYYYY max
    <Special Move A> = ZZZZZ average

That sort of thing. If you can include your armor, resistance, or any non-standard damage reducers that'd be good. It's ok if you can provide numbers while using CD's so long as you can note what CD it was so I can back calculate.

I'm trying to collect a fairly defining range so I could say,

Naxx25:
    Patchwerk averages 30,000 dmg unmitigated on main tank, 55,000 dmg on hatefuls
    Other wing averages melee ~8-10k, X fight has magical bursts of 14k
    Kel'thuzzad frostbolts unmitigated for 18k

That data I can turn into approximate EH guidelines for tanks who want to know if they're geared for an instance, or for well-geared tanks to decide whether health or something else is more valuable to them for a given instance/encounter.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Wowhead has boss hit info. Even if it's not listed in the main description, it'll be there in the comments.

+ Reply to Thread