+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tank hit rating?

Paladin Tank hit rating?

I have had a question on my mind for a long time. For paladin tanking do pallies go off of spell hit percent of 17% chance to hit or do we go with melee hit of 8% chance. something that has often confused me. if anyone knows for sure i would like to get some input on this.

Melee 8%.

Taunt and consecrate is still based off spell hit. Exorcism might be too, not sure.

Well i dont miss often and i am not capped on either. i have just been wondering for a while thanks

I'm not capped on either, also, and I'm doing fine at the moment. Not sure for the Ulduar raids, but hit isn't that important in Naxx10/25 it seems.
    I'm one of those ladies that love to take a beating from time to time. That's why I rolled prot.

I never worried too much about hit in naxx. Don't gem for it, but +20 hit to gloves and your T7/7.5 gloves, plus your tanking weapon (Titatium weapon chain or accuracy), will give you a good start. Other than that, let it come with gear. There are a few pieces in naxx with hit, but when you hit Ulduar it's on everything. I wasn't even close to hit cap (usually around 150-160 in naxx) until I started raiding Ulduar.

You'll start to realize a lot of pieces youll get will have the hit youll need.

+ Reply to Thread