+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TPS issue...the druid always tops me...

TPS issue...the druid always tops me...

Like the title said, our Druids in the guild always top me running 7k-8k TPS on a regular basis. I myself average 6k-7k with Vig on a lock of ours that generates a ton of threat per.

My cascade is more or less perfect (I've mis-procced an ability once or twice, but its usually right on target), so I'm thinking it might be something wrong with my gear/gem choices, or maybe my talents? I've gone as far as to not equip some better Uld 25 legs just to keep the SS bonus off T7.

Expertise wise I'm not quite capped, but I don't often get dodged or parried so I'm thinking this isn't the main issue.

If that isn't it, are druids just OP and I don't have a chance of topping their TPS? Any help would be very appreciated, thanks in advance!

Talent Sheet
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Character Sheet
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by edrimand; 07-07-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Why are you fighting against your own tank for threat? I don't get it. Either you're tanking or you're not. You're not going to do much better than 6500-7000 TPS and you shouldn't need to.

I'm not fighting against him, I've just watched his TPS and my own, and wanted to get as high as him.

The issue is not topping your Druids threat - it is topping the threat of your Healers and DPS.

If your current threat is enough to hold aggro... then, truthfully, I wouldn't worry about how much the Druid can do.

I'm sorry but I can't give recommendations on your gear/gems because you logged out in your DPS gear
    It's always easier to just be nice.

How is that druid doing so much tps?

Well i have an 80 prot warrior and an 80 druid, and I can undersand. My druid just feels like a much more powerful tank. Much higher dps (over 2x), apparently higher threat on single targets, but as someone else mentioned, it hardly matters as long as you outthreat everyone else. The only place I can truly see this weakness is on aoe pulls - eg before XT. The other warrior doesnt stand a chance to the druids & Dks. TC & SW seem irrelevant next to the power of the swipe Druids are also able to tank in dps gear depending on the situation (I mean we can use dps gems, enchants, jewelry etc and be uncrittable) which may explain why they hit 7-8ktps. I'm sure skilled warriors could come on and tell you they rock the AOE tanking charts, but I've yet to see it done by any warrior I've met. I hope they get decent buffs in 3.2, otherwise I'll consider sitting prot warriors out of our raids - fundamentally because of their low dps (not their threat, which I couldnt care less about ofc). The ones we have are hardly the long term MT types that everyone knows and loves.

+ Reply to Thread