+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Tank Gemming

Warrior Tank Gemming

I'm currently tanking 10/25 naxx content right now. Here's my armory, The World of Warcraft Armory updated as of earlier this morning. I was wondering what the cap for Exp and Hit rating are for warrior tanking, and what gems I should replace to hit those caps.

Looking at your gear and the content you are in, it looks solid to me. I would just keep looking for upgrades... malygos legs & kel'thuzad neck.

Expertise has two caps.
    Soft: 26 expertise -pushes dodge off table
    Hard: 57 expertise -pushes dodge & parry off table

Hit Cap is 8% ... 7% if you have a draenai in your party.

One thing i noticed is your glyphs...
    Not sure why you chose glyph of battle & sunder armor... I would think about replacing those two.
    Possibly with glyph of heroic strike, vigilance, thunderclap, cleaving, or revenge... these are all options, depending on what you think will benefit you most.

I personally would make a few tweeks to the glyphs and then hangout for upgrades. You will really feel a boost if you are able to get a hold of the maly legs & kel neck... that should give you some much needed expertise.
    Also if you are really that worried about it and dont mind taking a stamina hit, you can always use 8expertise/8hit gems or a combo of expertise/stam or hit/stam gems to get a little more hit & expertise.
    Last edited by cen1; 07-07-2009 at 12:55 PM.

I have glyph of Sunder Armor to help some with AOE tanking. That, Thunderclap, and Shockwave are my main aoe abilities. Aside from cleave, which I don't use that often since I'm spamming devastate anyway. Glyph of battle is for my Fury Dual Spec... I've been looking into replace that one and I seemed to have forgotten. But I'll look into all that, thanks.

there's no reason not to be using cleave WHILE spamming your other abilities... for aoe packs anyways.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So then I should be spamming cleave along with devastate then?
    Right now, while single target tanking, i spam devastate and Heroic Strike. It casts whenever it has a second to do so, therefore it fits in quite well. Cleave will do the same, should I do devastate and cleave while aoe tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    there's no reason not to be using cleave WHILE spamming your other abilities... for aoe packs anyways.
    This. Think of Cleave as your "Heroic Strike Spam" replacement - for tanking packs. Especially if glyphed.

Devastate is an instant on the GCD. Cleave, like Heroic Strike, is an on-next-swing. You should always be using an on-next-swing at the same time as your instants anyhow, rage permitting.

I personally use cleave all the time with AoE packs... It's usually my #1 damaging ability while AoE tanking. With the cleave glyph, tab targeting while hitting that extra mob really goes a long way... I usually dont bother devastating unless it's the only thing up. I try to use my other high end threat abilities while keeping rage to continue cleaving... basically using my single target rotation split between mobs.
    I personally love the thunderclap & vigilance glyphs... if you are hurting for threat the vigilance glyph will give you the most noticeable threat gain out of any other glyph.

Alright then, I'll hit up those glyphs on the AH later today thanks.
    And thanks for the "on-next-swing" tip, I'll keep that in mind.
    I was looking at the gear suggestions on Tankspot too, and what if I don't build all three sets? Avoidance, Health, and Threat? Which one should I build first if more than one?

+ Reply to Thread