+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the Execute Macro Worth it?

Is the Execute Macro Worth it?

I'm just wondering if using the Remove Sudden Death on people under 20%.

I mean sure I'll hit harder, but I"m worried about the rage starvation if it doesn't make the kill.

if you're arms, even in execute phase, you should be keeping your rotation, and only executing when other abilities are on cooldown (basically replace slam with execute).

EDIT:

whoops realized this was for pvp purposes. I think you're still better off using the 30 rage because being able to fire an execute then say another mortal strike or an overpower will probably be more beneficial to you, hell a lot of the time my kills come from back to back sudden death procs =P Rage is still important to manage, I'd say don't click it off.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    if you're arms, even in execute phase, you should be keeping your rotation, and only executing when other abilities are on cooldown (basically replace slam with execute).
    Despite what some people are saying... I see my DPS skyrocketing in execute phase by just spamming execute and TfB OP procs. As arms, you typically have a lot of rage at all times, and a lot of rage is wasted due to unexpected crits giving you 60+ rage all of a sudden. Execute solves that problem.

When you are in execute range that means the target most likely has about 5000 health. Will a 30 rage execute kill your target? Will a 100 rage execute kill your target? I use the execute macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    Despite what some people are saying... I see my DPS skyrocketing in execute phase by just spamming execute and TfB OP procs. As arms, you typically have a lot of rage at all times, and a lot of rage is wasted due to unexpected crits giving you 60+ rage all of a sudden. Execute solves that problem.
    In PvE anyways, when you know you can spam executes, replacing MS's with executes it's good since 30 rage executes beat 30 rage MS. Overpower is still the most efficient damage dealer so you're right to keep that in your rotation. But if you crit and hit 60 rage: MS + Execute is your best bet since you'll be sitting twiddling your thumbs if you you blow all of it in one GCD.

In PVP I don't like dropping my rage bar for Executes either since if the survived/bubbled/iceblocked you'll need that rage for finishing them off or shattering. Also, maybe it's just my gear but I rarely drop someone with just one execute... but my personal rating is 1k or so...

Good point - I have nearly best in slot gear. My MS crits hit over 5k on full pvp gear pretty often. I remember executing a gladiator rogue for over 12k once - I bet he was wearing half pve gear though.

+ Reply to Thread