+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for upping my DPS as Fury

Suggestions for upping my DPS as Fury

With my current gear, I am only getting 2.5k dps or so and I know that I can pull more than this, given that my guildies are above me in DPS and I have the right gear. I have 4236 AP in berserker stance and 30.63% crit without buffs, including battle shout. My hit is 446 which is high, but it came with the gear. Expertise is 18 which isn't high enough.

My question is how can I bring some of the things I have that are too high down such as hit and possibly crit and cap my Expertise while tacking on more AP?

Anything you guys see that I can change with my gear - enchants - gems?

Thanks a lot guys.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Probably better suited in the HALP! forum since this is character specific Armory based advice. Please re-read the rules before posting new threads.

Thanks,
    Kz

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

As fury I would never gem for AP... You gain such a higher value from Strength. When looking at your gems I see 16 ap hybrid gems. I would avoid that as much as possible by switching them to 8 strength you are increasing your ap by 3. I would leave your crit high as it will increase your flurry procs. Hit being high isn't always necessarily a bad thing. With high hit you are effectively generating more rage from your white attacks. Hit cap for white attacks is 28% which is too much and most people would agree but it doesn't hurt being at 14%.

For your expertise I would move your mace into your mainhand. Humans have a racial where they gain expertise from maces and swords. So you would need ~184 expertise rating to get expertise soft-capped. You are currently at 148. To reduce your Ap reduction from gemming expertise. I would swap out the enchant in your helm, legs, and belt to the +8 exp 12 stam. Then I would also change one of your red gems in either your chest our your shoulders to the 16 exp. This would be an ~ loss of 79 ap. In comparison to the 90+ if you changed enchants etc.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. Will be careful next time.

After switching my weapons as suggested, I see 21/18 expertise instead of 18/21 but when I mouse over, my expertise says 148 (+18 Expertise) still. Is this right? Will I really get a boost by switching weapons? I assume I would, but the mouseover number isn't changing. Maybe it is passive.

My DPS should increase if I gem and soft cap my expertise right? I am a bit hesitant to do this because everyone says to go for AP as number one priority. I will go ahead and try gemming for expertise tonight though after getting more gear upgrades.

As fury don't gem for ap, gem for str. You won't see your expertise rating change at all by switching weapons. You will see that your total expertise will go up as the 3 is passive. I would get soft capped for expertise as fury. One thing you will notice is your primary yellow attacks are mainhand focused, so you will want those to miss less with the one exclusion being whirlwind .
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

+ Reply to Thread