+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naxx25 Tanking?

Naxx25 Tanking?

Hi there. My name is Neglected, on the EU Aszune server.

Recently my guild has been running Naxxaramas every week, and I personally have gone to every one that I can. At the moment, we have just progressed into Ulduar, and sucessfully downed Flame Leviathan and XT-002 Deconstructer. When I left last night (Was getting quite late, and as a 14-year old we still have school y'know ), we wiped at Razorscale.

However, I would like the TankSpot users to take a look at my gear and give me advice so that I could possibly Off-Tank, or even Main-Tank, Naxxaramas (H).

I am aware that the blue ring (Unsmashable Heavy Band) needs to be changed, but as of yet I have not found a suitable replacement.

If anyone could give me a hand with replacing my blues, and help on gemming (Currently Capped, but lacking in stamina at 26.5k unbuffed). I do realize that my shield and cloak are not enchanted, mainly due to the fact that, 1: I almost have 25 emblems of valor for the Platinum-Mesh Cloak, and 2: I have not yet found an enchanter to do the +20 Defense on Shield Enchant.

My armory link: Flame Keeper Neglected

My Off-spec is my PVP Prot healing spec, although I plan on quickly changing to Ret.

Any advice on my Mainspec is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Neglected.
    Last edited by Neglected; 07-06-2009 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Typo (^^)
    90% of raiding comes down to 6 words:
    "Don't stand in the bad stuff!"

Some quick advice:
    - Enchant chest with defense
    - Enchant cloak with defense
    - Enchant shield with defense
    - Swap seal of the pantheon for a stam trinket like essence of gossamer (at your first opportunity)
    - drop seal of the pure and unyielding faith. Put those points in spiritual attunment (just 1 point), conviction and crusade.

You're probably better off starting as an OT until you get a couple of 213 drops from H Naxx. You could probably MT spider and plauge wings with good healers. On patchwerk, you'll need to be a melee tank as the hatefuls would be too much for you.
    If you aren't higher than me in total damage done or total healing done, all comments will be /ignore'd

Quote Originally Posted by headknocker View Post
    Some quick advice:
    - Enchant chest with defense
    - Enchant cloak with defense
    - Enchant shield with defense
    - Swap seal of the pantheon for a stam trinket like essence of gossamer (at your first opportunity)
    - drop seal of the pure and unyielding faith. Put those points in spiritual attunment (just 1 point), conviction and crusade.

You're probably better off starting as an OT until you get a couple of 213 drops from H Naxx. You could probably MT spider and plauge wings with good healers. On patchwerk, you'll need to be a melee tank as the hatefuls would be too much for you.
    Thanks.

I was thinking about the Essence of Gossamer, and a guild friend did suggest it, so I'll log into WoW now and hope it drops today .

I put points in Seals of the Pure due to the fact I was having some threat difficulties with members in my guild (especially the warlocks, :<). I guess if I put Armsman on gloves instead of the hit rating I can live for now, but that would be a lack in hit percentage, ergo less threat. Not sure if 20 Hit Rating > 2% threat however.

As I said also about the enchants, I knew about the shield not being enchanted as many enchanters on my server seem to not have the enchant. =/

The cloak, I mentioned..

and Chest piece - I thought +8 to all was better than +20 def, but I'll give it a shot, thanks,

Neglected.

i would suggest changing the unsmashable band for the titanium earthguard ring

also, switch the glyph of judgement for glyph of divine plea - 100% uptime of divine plea = 3% mitigation more. if ur having threat issues, switch divine plea glyph for righteous defense instead, hand of reckoning is our true taunt now

move the 3 points in benediction to heart of the crusader, again 100% uptime in divine plea, BoS and spiritual attunement should mean u dont need that 3% mana cost reduction

i would say get rid of reckoning - as ur avoidance goes up, u will see reckoning proc less so its not really worth the 5 points for its minimal threat increase

move 2 points into judgement of the just, this works on bosses as well, 20% less swing time = less damage taken = ur healers are happier

i would put another 2 points into divine guardian - sacred shield is just that little bit more mitigation which ur healers wont have to heal - provided u keep it on that is

personally i dont like conviction, crit might be nice for threat but u shouldnt really need it - i would suggest putting 2 points into vindication especially with the changes to it in patch 3.2 (reduction in mob's ap)

then take the last 3 points from conviction, 1 point from crusade and 1 point in reckoning and put it into seals of the pure - again this should scale pretty well in patch 3.2 with seal of vengeance unless there are changes made

also, since i rarely use blessing on might on myself (i use BoS pretty much exclusively and even more so with its change in 3.2 -10% extra sta), i only put 1 point into imp BoM and put the extra point into imp HoJ, 30 sec spell interrupt is a little slow but its pretty much all we have

So, following what you were saying... would

The World of Warcraft Armory

be a good build?

Neglected

Quote Originally Posted by Neglected View Post
    So, following what you were saying... would

The World of Warcraft Armory

be a good build?

Neglected
    The build looks ok, I'd get out of seals of the pure and go w/divinity for extra help w/heals.
    Vindication is GOING to be good but most raid mobs/all bosses are immune, so for now spend those points elsewhere. For now anyway.
    As for conviction, that and crusade do way more TPS than say seals of the pure.
    Please reconsider the hit gem in your shoulders and enchant on you hands, those really could be upgraded. While it is nice you are still squishy, I'd go w/stam or stam and defense. If its threat you are after w/hit, str is a better TPS as is moving those talents around.
    One last thing, please get your enchanting high enough to get the stam enchant on them, that is 480HP before kings. The ring is easy enough do a few daillies and get the crafted epic tanking ring.

Some info on threat Maintankadin &bull; View topic - Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

+ Reply to Thread