+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bit of Feral discussion

Bit of Feral discussion

Long time resto druid here. Very deeply involved in EJ, resto 4 life etc. Recently found I had a decent feral set in my bank from offspec rolls and such. I know what I'm doing as kitty dps with priorities and such. But I've decided to give Bear a go. I'm a reasonably good tank on my Paladin (awareness and such). Just wondering if anyone has any advice, like what balance between avoidence,stam I'm looking for and the expected hit rating I should have, sort of lacking at the moment to be honest. The World of Warcraft Armory

Cheers!

Heya. Relatively new tank here, so grain of salt etc.

Threat Gen:

Hit - cap is 263. Meet it with full raid buffs [food, etc] - I actually currently gear to 225 and eat Snapper Extreme to get the last 40 points. But then, I have fewer hit pieces than I should.

Expertise - soft cap 26, hard cap is 56 expertise. As a bear you get +10 expertise. As a general rule, you want to be as close to the cap as possible without sacrificing anything else. Expertise and Hit are your two largest threat modifiers; if you don't hit you don't get threat.

Mitigation and Health:

Stamina - No cap. Get a ton of this; gem for it almost exclusively. If you have a red slot that will give a useful bonus, use Shifting [purple].

Dodge - Effective "cap" around 50%. At this point, 1 point dodge rating < 1 point defense rating [from what I have been told.]

Defense - relatively useless for us. Take gear with it, but only as a "last resort" - Paladins / DK / Warrior need it much more than we do. The exception to this is high-stam or high-dodge gear.

Agility - threat [crit/AP] AND mitigation [dodge]. Yes please.

Armor - No longer the most powerful stat period. Personally, I take what I can get - but I don't stress over it.

+ Reply to Thread