Closed Thread

Thread: Warrior V Paladin

Warrior V Paladin

Hey guys,
    From what I gather I'm a pretty decent tank, well geared and fairly skilled, I read a few of tanking websites daily - to make sure I'm in the know. I am the main tank of guild, which focuses solely on 10 man raids, we have cleared ulduar and now beginning on hard hordes.

OK, so my question is that the paladin offtank in my guild is better at getting aggro, is there something I'm doing wrong or is it that the class is generally weaker with initial threat gains compared to paladins? To this point I'd like to add that when I have rage I can maintain a solid threat advantage, it's just the initial impact where he can just swoon in and take the threat away from me despite my best efforts.

So, if there are any thoughts or comments that would help. If need be my armoury is:

The World of Warcraft Armory

Hopefully it's updated, I should be wearing titanguard !

Paladins over all are becoming better tanks and are going to become the staple for main tanking once Argent Defender of 3.2 comes live. I my self am leveling a paladin up to 80 and will be replacing my warrior with it once I get the gear on my paladin.

I would say we paladins have a very high initial burst in terms of aggro. Furthermore if the rotation is good a paladin can generate a lot of threat (was running at 5-6k/s in sartha 25 before)

If your paladin OT uses any of the popular cookie cutter builds, those builds are optimized for TPS generation. Combine that with the general effectiveness of holy damage, Paladins are way out front for threat, especially with burst.

Don't feel too bad, it's just how the numbers break down.

Oh, and...

/me shitkicks Souji's ass for being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    If your paladin OT uses any of the popular cookie cutter builds, those builds are optimized for TPS generation. Combine that with the general effectiveness of holy damage, Paladins are way out front for threat, especially with burst.

Don't feel too bad, it's just how the numbers break down.

Oh, and...

/me shitkicks Souji's ass for being an idiot.

Would you rather have a tank that brings buffs for entire raid (kings wisdom etc)
    has higher health and armor higher dps as a OT and MT and also has way better aoe control. now in 3.2 a tank that can dodge killing blows every 2 mins and puts you back at half health.

Hmm that's a tough one to decide which to bring.

Or a tank that has unrivaled mobility, great threat, currently one of the strongest 4pc set bonuses in the game. Has a long history of MTing for top teir guilds and still preforms stongly in progression and hard modes. Has more stuns and interupts then any other tank including and AOE stun.

Sorry Souji, if your changing class because of patch notes then Alent is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Souji View Post
    Would you rather have a tank that brings buffs for entire raid (kings wisdom etc)
    has higher health and armor higher dps as a OT and MT and also has way better aoe control. now in 3.2 a tank that can dodge killing blows every 2 mins and puts you back at half health.

Hmm that's a tough one to decide which to bring.
    The op asked about threat, because he wanted to understand the difference between his warrior and his OT's Paladin. You failed to answer the question. :/

Currently the only place I find warriors of any use is in Iron Council not for the mobility because you can run out of anything without charge or intervene. a paladin or dk could easily out tps a warrior of equal gear since they don't have to rely on a shitty mechanic such as rage. what do you have to complain about Alent you are already a paladin and are going to become unkillable. I've been a tanking warrior ever since Molten Core and yes we have been the long champ of tanking but in 3.2 it's time for us to step down and paladins to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Souji View Post
    Currently the only place I find warriors of any use is in Iron Council not for the mobility because you can run out of anything without charge or intervene. a paladin or dk could easily out tps a warrior of equal gear since they don't have to rely on a shitty mechanic such as rage. what do you have to complain about Alent you are already a paladin and are going to become unkillable. I've been a tanking warrior ever since Molten Core and yes we have been the long champ of tanking but in 3.2 it's time for us to step down and paladins to step up.
    ... Do you have any dip for that chip on your shoulder? what part of the question are you answering?

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that his raid has a warrior and a paladin tanking side by side as equals?

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    ... Do you have any dip for that chip on your shoulder? what part of the question are you answering?

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that his raid has a warrior and a paladin tanking side by side as equals?
    I did answer his question Paladin's will always out tps you since they are the better tanks. It's called reading between the lines but if you want me to spell it out

Warriors suck compare to paladins for tanking.

Enough, both of you.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Closed Thread