+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Enchant For 1H Weapon

I tanked kara... There still wasnt a boss that disarmed. There was a room of trash that did, and we had our druid OT tank them, and there was an add on Moroes that did, but that was it. How many current raid bosses disarm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Whens the last time a raid boss disarmed you? Last time i remember getting disarmed when tanking was in Stockades at level 24... Also the more ulduar gear you get, the more likely you are to be hit capped
    Can't say one. Trash does though but the extra hit is the valuable part...disarm is meh. Some boss adds do disarm though and thats usually what I tank. But at 15g a chain, hard to beat when the other possible enchants are a few hundred gold or more...Accuracy costs about 1000g in mats on my server. Too rich for my blood; I did the 1000g enchant (mongoose) back in the day and it just ain't worth the week to farm. I can enchant most of my gear for less than that so the return on investment isn't that great. And that assumes I have some weapon worthy of 1000g (I have LL which isn't).
    Last edited by protonly; 07-07-2009 at 08:39 PM.
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

You shouldn't be raiding if you're complaining about costs. Your raid is depending on you to do the best you can, and part of that is being geared/enchanted/gemmed/flasked/fooded to the best of your ability. If that means you have to go farm gold, then that's what you have to do. Bringing a cheap attitude to a raid setting is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    You shouldn't be raiding if you're complaining about costs. Your raid is depending on you to do the best you can, and part of that is being geared/enchanted/gemmed/flasked/fooded to the best of your ability. If that means you have to go farm gold, then that's what you have to do. Bringing a cheap attitude to a raid setting is just dumb.
    Think about it...what is a better investment, +40 stam to your bracers or any of the weapon enchants? Granted the bracer enchant only costs about 300g and is considerably cheaper than any of the weapon enchants (except the chain) but it also provides by far the best return on that spent gold.

Part of doing the best one can do is spending one's resources as best they can. And the weapon chain is a pretty good bang for the buck. Yeah it isn't as great as some of the others but the extra hit is always nice and the disarm can help a tad in trash.
    Last edited by protonly; 07-08-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protonly View Post
    Think about it...what is a better investment, +40 stam to your bracers or any of the weapon enchants? Granted the bracer enchant only costs about 300g and is considerably cheaper than any of the weapon enchants (except the chain) but it also provides by far the best return on that spent gold.

Part of doing the best one can do is spending one's resources as best they can. And the weapon chain is a pretty good bang for the buck. Yeah it isn't as great as some of the others but the extra hit is always nice and the disarm can help a tad in trash.
    Blood draining at 1 stack is around 35 stam, 2 stacks 75 stam. Considering how fast it stacks, one could argue that it is more of a EH increase thatn the flat 40 stam... Also extra hit isnt always needed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Blood draining at 1 stack is around 35 stam, 2 stacks 75 stam. Considering how fast it stacks, one could argue that it is more of a EH increase thatn the flat 40 stam... Also extra hit isnt always needed or wanted.
    True enough.

As an enchanter, I'd have to look at the over-all enchants of the original poster in order to determine which enchant is "best" for the threat problem. +2% threat to gloves would be one example of a pretty solid investment (if he doesn't already have it). Most of the enchants we can do are more related to stam/avoidance...we don't have a whole lot for threat. Gems might be an option for extra hit/expertise if you aren't capped and I think there is an expertise enchant for bracer that might be an option.

Threat specific weapon enchants, you're really only looking at an attack power or hit boost or executioner and odds are hit would be the best choice if you're not hit capped. Being at the hit cap is amazing. You're then left with Accuracy or the titanium weapon chain for hit. With the red sword I stick to my original suggestion of the weapon chain simply due to cost. Red sword isn't worth the expensive enchant unless you got gold to burn.

I put 26 agi on my red sword, and it served me well enough. it is only 4 eternal air and a shard or so, which is a total of perhaps 100g if your server is crazy, and you get the average avoidance from mongoose for less than a quarter of the price.

I put accuracy on my rattle from thorim 10 man because I needed the hit, today I got Shiver from hodir 10 HM and have put blood draining on it.

I find blade warding not as bad as everyone says. its got an uptime of about 24%, so that means in a 10minite fight i had 2-4% extra parry, thats like having another Jewelcrafting trinket except dodge up every time it gets off cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    I put 26 agi on my red sword, and it served me well enough. it is only 4 eternal air and a shard or so, which is a total of perhaps 100g if your server is crazy, and you get the average avoidance from mongoose for less than a quarter of the price.
    bargain hunters ftw! That isn't a bad idea actually - flat buff vs a proc, the flat buff usually wins.

+ Reply to Thread