+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 7 2v2 Changes

Season 7 2v2 Changes

[blizzard]After further consideration, and after hearing from many players, we are going to change how we approach the 2 vs. 2 arena bracket in Arena Season 7. We still think the 3 vs. 3 and 5 vs. 5 brackets will ultimately offer the best play experience, especially for very competitive gamers for whom game class balance issues are most noticeable. However, we recognize that many players just prefer to play in the 2 vs. 2 bracket and will miss the chance to earn the current season's gear. Therefore, we are going to still allow the 2 vs. 2 bracket to grant access to the current season of gear with three important exceptions: the current season's weapons will not be available for purchase, the current seasonís shoulder armor will not be available for purchase, and players will not qualify for the Gladiator title/rewards unless you earn the appropriate rating in the 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 bracket. We look forward to the changes in the next major content patch and hope to have a great next Arena Season.[/blizzard]
    Source: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Upcoming Arena 2v2 Bracket Changes

This is going to spark some controversy

Imo they should just increase the personal rating you need from 2v2 to buy that season's gear. With this change it will pretty much kill the 2v2 bracket.

I suppose it comes down to what you do PvP for. If you do it for gear then this will be better then the other option where you weren't going to get ANY current season gear from it. If you do it for titles then this will seriously suck because it is a useless bracket for you. The thing I worry about is the reasoning behind why they wanted to diminish 2v2 so much. It was easier to get higher ratings to get gear essentially. If all the 2s teams switch up to 3s (or as best as they can) then the 3s bracket will quickly become as bloated as the 2s. I suppose that is what they are aiming for with this, but I don't really know why.

I can see their point, 1v1 is out right impossible to balance against, 2v2 is damn tough as well. they are doing this to avoid having to balance classes against 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5, along side balancing them for PVE.

IMO they REALLY need to split WoW into 2 separate "games". The e-sport, PVP all the time, Arena type stuff where they balance the classes around PVP, and the PVE game, where PVP happens, but the classes are primarily balanced around PVE.

Many many people were taking the "easier" way out, grabbing 2 faceroll classes (yes DK's and Pallies, looking at you) and roflstomping their way to great PVP gear.

2v2 is horrible anyways.

90% of the teams I meet are DK+healer or mage/rogue.

Well this doesn't really excuse them from balancing around a 2v2 scenario. It just detracts from the popularity of the bracket so they can turn down the number of voices whining about unbalances. 2v2 will still exist and 3v3 isnt absolutely drastically different when talking about balance, there is just more room for individual player skill/composition to take over. As much as I really don't like to use the term, it seems like a hardcore cop-out... like alot of other things dealing with 3.2

+ Reply to Thread