+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming for hit

Gemming for hit

I'm way over crit immune without gems and was wondering if replacing my enduring forest emeralds with vivid forest emeralds would be a good idea.

my hit rating is very low and i figured gemming for hit would be a good way to increase my TPS.

The World of Warcraft Armory

hi, if you are over your defense cap, i would strongly recommend switching your enduring to the solid gem(24 stam) feel free to armory my character. as a Paladin, we do need as much hit as a warrior theoretically , but you shouldn't have a threat problem.
    Last edited by Mutt; 07-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    hi, if you are over your defense cap, i would strongly recommend switching your enduring to the solid gem(24 stam) feel free to armory my character. as a Paladin, we do need hit, but you shouldnt have a threat problem.
    I'd lose a +12 stam bonus if i don't have a yellow type gem in my pants, so putting in a solid sky sapphire gem wouldn't be a gain in stam.

my threat is fine in most fights, but for hodir and assembly of iron, were dps get buffs to their damage and i don't, it's not uncommon for someone to pull off of me.

Have you thought of replacing your trinket? with A stamina trinket? because in that case, you might not need to replace defense gems. By adding a stamina trinket this will give you more spell power through our talent (touched by the light) which results into more Spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankinthis View Post
    I'd lose a +12 stam bonus if i don't have a yellow type gem in my pants, so putting in a solid sky sapphire gem wouldn't be a gain in stam.
    Now in this situation, if you were to replace both gems with 24stam gems you would gain more stamina and more threat. if you couldnt change out your trinket.

Now in this situation, if you were to replace both gems with 24stam gems you would gain more stamina and more threat. if you couldnt change out your trinket.
    the red gem is needed for my meta so i have to keep that and as for my trinket, i'm not a JC and my guild hasn't gotten to yogg 10 yet.

you are killing me here!! haha...you could change one of your Blacksmithing gems to a Agi/stam gem.....

you are killing me here!! haha...you could change one of your Blacksmithing gems to a Agi/stam gem.....
    all of my blacksmithing gems are solid sky sapphire, so replacing one of them so i can place one in my pants would do nothing.

true! rofl i have run out of solutions for you, So my concluding statement resolves into either keep your defense for the extra avoidance or go hit.

As for your Threat issue, always make sure your rogues and hunters have a Tricks/MD macro set to you for tanking.
    I used to use this spec:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Worked very well for threat
    Last edited by Mutt; 07-02-2009 at 08:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread