+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF lost aggro alert mod

LF lost aggro alert mod

I've been looking for an addon that gives an obvious warning, either auditory or visual, when someone in my group/raid gets aggro. There are lots of addons that warn you when you GET aggro, but as a tank I want a warning when I LOSE aggro. I don't want to stare at my healbot (or whatever you use) for 40 minutes, just to be ready to click my emergency macro in the 41st minute when someone's bar gets the red aggro framing. I just want a big obvious warning so I can focus only on the fight as long as there's no aggro change.

I don't think there's an addon for this. I've been using Xperl's big "AGGRO" warning for this and I have it placed in the center of my screen. It's red when you have aggro and changes to green/disappears when you lose aggro.

Closest thing that I have found useful is the 'Alof' nameplate addon. Basically the mobs nameplate glows red when you have aggro and doesn't if you don't.
    Aloft - Addons - Curse

Yup, Aloft works great, the nameplates glow yellow if you're close to losing aggro, and they stop glowing when you lose aggro.

Unit frame addons like Pitbull and Grid also have an option to highlight raid members who have aggro, so you have have a big red glow on whoever has aggro.

Necro bump but from the hits I'm guessing more people end up on this thread through Google like myself.
    My addon Fragile3 - Addons - Curse fits the bill of the original request to the 't'.
    An aggro warning system for parties and raids.
    Fragile will provide various alerts when other party or raid members overaggro the tank as well as alerts when you overaggro.
    Primarily aimed at heightening the awareness of the party/raid tank but useful for healers to see where damage is going next and dps as an overaggro alert.
    Features

• Configurable Sound Alerts.
    • Combat text Alerts.
    • PartyFrame Flashing (Blizzard frames only).
    • Role aware: Player as well as other party/raid members roles (tank, healer, dps).
    • Ability to set different behaviors and warnings according to player role.
      (example: warn for healer aggro only if you are a tank, warn for self-aggro only if you are dps etc)
    • Keybinds: Manually set or override your target's role
      (tank, healer, damage, clear) if the addon failed to determine it automatically.
    • Profiles.
    Options
    • Sensitivity: How sensitive to aggro changes should the addon be?
      • Low: Alert on pulling aggro.
      • Medium: Alert when passing tank threat.
      • High: Alert when a mob looks at someone (can be spammy)
    • Throttle: How often should the addon be allowed to send out alerts (spam control)
    • Sound Toggle: Set sound alerts on/off.
    • Message Toggle: Set text messages on/off.
    • Role Voices: Use distinct voice warnings per role.
    • Gender Voices: Use distinct voice warnings per gender.
    • Party frame Flash: Toggle party frame flashing (Blizzard frames only)
    • Sounds: Set up a combination of role/gender specific sounds (SharedMedia compatible with preview)
    • Output: Set the message output, any LibSink supported outlets
      (SCT, FCT, MSBT, Parrot, WitchHunt, Error Frame, Raid Warning Frame , Channel etc)
    Last edited by Drii; 04-18-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Put your target of target in a more viewable place. If it changes targets taunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Also the default threat system built into the UI will alert you when mobs attacking you switch targets.

You don't say )
    It won't tell you who they switched to or if it was a healer, dps or other tank.

I like the target of target suggestion too because we only tank 1 mob
    and people don't pull strays you didn't have aggro on to begin with.
    Any other wisdom you care to impart?

If you're happy with the default UI feel free to move along...
    I posted in the "addons and macros" forum in a relevant thread,
    I'm not looking for 'random guy tanking 101' pretty sure there's other threads for that.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    You don't say )
    It won't tell you who they switched to or if it was a healer, dps or other tank.

I like the target of target suggestion too because we only tank 1 mob
    and people don't pull strays you didn't have aggro on to begin with.
    Any other wisdom you care to impart?

If you're happy with the default UI feel free to move along...
    I posted in the "addons and macros" forum in a relevant thread,
    I'm not looking for 'random guy tanking 101' pretty sure there's other threads for that.

Regards.
    Sorry to twist your panties. I didn't realize you were talking about aoe tanking and hell, I didn't even read the whole thread, figured it was a new one, not a necro. Thanks for that. Either way, with AOE the default works fine too...the bar turns orange then yellow as the mob breaks off. Here's another suggestion: Tidy Plates - Threat Plates. Green outline on the bar if you have aggro, turns yellow if you're losing it, and red if it's not aggro'd to you. Simple, easy, effective and light on memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

...sigh...

+ Reply to Thread