Thread: [25} Antechamber Trash

[25} Antechamber Trash

I looked through a bunch of previous posts but didn't find anything regarding this. I have been trying to find a working strat and some tips for the trash on the way to Kologarn and IC. Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

The golems can be banished, the humanoids can be CCed through the normal means (Sheep, Repentence, Sap etc.)

Yeah we spent an hour of pulling before someone goes "uh, we do have CC", and someone literally goes "Whats CC" and I slapped myself in the forehead and went "duhhh", and it's now VERY simple trash.

Banish the 2 on the outsides, chain sheep another 2, and problem solved. ( granted you have the available mages/warlocks for such a setup ).

You can also sap, hex, root, stun etc. Forget the naxx approach and use your tools! Althought tbh lately we've found ourselves just AOE nuking it as our gear allows it now.
    Lyco - Guild Master of Prime

Thanks for the input all!!!

There's also the giant guys: Chamber Overseer - NPC - World of Warcraft

The best we've found is to have all but one person hug in close. The person at range (usually offtank) does something to get on the threat table. When they jump, only they should get stunned. This works fine sometimes, but other times he'll do his roar (aoe frontal) just after jumping, which would then hit the whole raid.

For the giants we found a loose semi circle around the backs of the giants works best. This means they shouldn't jump on anyone and the death star shouldn't nuke the whole raid.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    There's also the giant guys: Chamber Overseer - NPC - World of Warcraft

The best we've found is to have all but one person hug in close. The person at range (usually offtank) does something to get on the threat table. When they jump, only they should get stunned. This works fine sometimes, but other times he'll do his roar (aoe frontal) just after jumping, which would then hit the whole raid.
    Warrior tanks work great for handling those. Charge->Taunt will snap them right around after a hop.

What's funny is they nerfed the Antechamber trash pretty heavily too. They were worse in the first 2 weeks of the instance and you don't wanna know what Freya's trash mobs were like.

Really the big thing is CC. I know people got spoiled rotten by Naxx and OS, being able to AoE everything into oblivion, but Ulduar is different. At least until you're geared to the teeth you will have to make use of banishes and poly's, heck even Repentances, traps, hexes and the like will get used. Also for Antechamber in particular the Iron Menders are NASTY. Their shocks need to be Interrupted or the debuff they put on players Dispelled. No if's, ands or buts that debuff will eat the raid. They coincidentally make good poly targets since they can cause the most trouble but usually spend a sec after the pull hanging back to cast.

Get used to CC though. Freya and Vezax trash have roughly 6-8 mobs in a pack that for newcomers to Ulduar will tear them a new asshole.