Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Encounter in Northrend -- New TankSpot Artwork!

I really like the new background. Its well done art and as cider said, its no more prurient than what is in official warcraft source material. I'm using that for my desktop background, Azreal does great work.

I find it sadly predictable that so many people react in a typically american, overly chaste way.

And if it does offend you, then just size you browser properly so you can't see it. Because if your running fullscreen browser on a widescreen moniter, your pretty much an idiot. I have a widescreen, and I always leave the browser at only about 1200 wide. This is because 99% of websites are designed to be read that way.

I love the new background, good work!! Only problem is the Orc looks like the grinch and the marmot on his shoulder is cutoff. For anyone interested make sure you view the background image to see the whole thing, it is really nice. The elf chick is SUPERB!

ha, had to maximize my screen to see the marmot. nice touch!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ya the marmot is one of the best parts and people who just look at the forum don't get to bask in its greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    And in my opinion (not to insult the artist, who is obviously very skilled) these kind of hypersexualized images are pretty embarassing in general and are very unprofessional at best.
    I agree with this very much. Of course most of us are men, and it is men who benefit from the objectification of the female form. But that doesn't make his point less accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by motrex View Post
    It may just be me but i can only see the hands of either side of the screen :S not sure why i can't see the whole picture. any ideas?
    I hope I am not of line if I give you the link for the background to view, save or what have you (you can see the whole picture with shitty resolutions like the laptop I am on like this):

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/image...roundclear.jpg

Is there a way people can see the one with the night elf, before it was removed?

OMG THERES A @#%^ing MARMOT IN THERE!

I would like to offer some thoughts with regard to those finding issue with the new background and calling it 'hypersexualized' or an 'objectification of the female form'.

The professionalism of this artwork is undeniable providing a glimpse of both a powerful, armored tank (plus marmot) and a mystic, adept caster combining both extremes of the game into a masterful work of art. More then just tanks frequent this site and it is only reasonable that a less armored figure should have a prominent place in the site design.

I am of the opinion that both genders can appreciate the new design and disagree with the idea that it is any more hypersexualized then the game itself. WoW is designed around a fantasy world that is 'larger then life' with all the characters and artwork being based around this concept.

Though everyone is entitled to their own opinion I would urge people to see this work for what it really is: a professional tribute to the game and its variety of mystical characters both strong and power as well as light and beautiful.

Cheers to TankSpot for having this work created!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leytur View Post
    I agree with this very much. Of course most of us are men, and it is men who benefit from the objectification of the female form. But that doesn't make his point less accurate.
    Well, again, this is a fantasy world where some females do end up tanking in the most defense-stacked bras you've ever seen. Is it right? Eh, that can be debated, but honestly? I don't think this is the forum to do that. Especially since I'm "new" and I just got through reading the forum rules.

In any case, I do like it. And the positioning is very well done. I don't think it deviates from the actual content at all. My only complaint is that I can't see the marmot anymore.

Am I the only geek out there that noticed the "tank" isnt using a tanking weapon? (at least not one that i can figure out what it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Am I the only geek out there that noticed the "tank" isnt using a tanking weapon? (at least not one that i can figure out what it is)
    There is a point where you just gotta let it go brother.

Marmot wins. Also, I'll agree that I would like to see some of the previous versions out of curiosity.
    I. Am. Warrior.

What are you two talking about, The Orc is tanking using the axe from KT.

For those of you wanting to see a "full" version: gallery

First things first, I LOVE THE NEW BG!<3 Very nice art, and well chosen colors that won't make our eyes sore(not saying the previous one did). I saw some people complaining about the girl being on tanking website, I personally think it's great to have her here since us the tank always get the girl! =D (lol)

And last but not least, when I was reading the comment on how the site would be now "harder" to open in public, I agreed at first, because it's not so nice when a teacher or your boss sees something like that, but then I realized we are talking about art here :3 so... good choice tankspot.com! Love it.
    -- Me tankz Chukky Norriz without def cap --

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    What are you two talking about, The Orc is tanking using the axe from KT.
    http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs49/f/20...azazel1944.jpg

Is the full image. Nothing like the KT axe except basic blade shape

well, okay, but you can't clearly say it ISNT a tanking axe just because it isn't the KT one. =x

Marmot? I see no marmot.

I think you have to be a donor, AND have a ginormous resolution =P

Closed Thread