+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resources for 60 tanks

Resources for 60 tanks

Hey folks, I'm looking around for resources for my level 60 prot warrior. Are there still sites / gear lists out there for this?

If you are trying to run Ramparts etc. there is not much to think about. Pick up what defense you can find other than that focus on STR/AGI/STAM... the gear back then still has agi on it and it will be you best stat for avoidance.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

I'm actually planning to run level 60 raids

As Tarigar inidcated, you will be defense starved, as you unlikely to find enough defense on your gear to get to def cap (440). But try try try. and then work on str/stam/agi.

Assuming you get decent gear, raiding 60 levels generally will mean you will have some 70-80 people DPSing, and you will never keep up TPS to match their DPS, or you will have them standing around while you gain enough threat, and they will have to slow down DPS.

Bottom line, stick to instances, and if you wish to raid 60 content acquire a DPS dualspec, because you aren't likely to assemble a team of 25-40 x 60s that you can keep up with. It's not a criticism, its just reality in the days of WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    you will be defense starved
    Yeah I know

I've been doing some research on the old gear in the past few days (slow work days ) and there's just no way to meet the def cap. I suspect a lot more tanks are going to come and ask similar questions with the next patch coming out as well...

Why would you expect that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Why would you expect that?
    Because you'll be able to lock your level at 60 and retro raid @ level 60 w/o gaining exp?

Even at level 60 you can do all of Hellfire and most of Zanger to gear up.

For that matter you can do Heirloom PVP shoulders for the resil.

But somehow I expect that's not what the op wants to do.

heres my lvl 60 warrior, hes at 435 just need the def trink out of BWL and hell be capped

The World of Warcraft Armory

owlcapwn, you missed few talent points, you're 5/0/40, and you should have 6 talent points left to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    owlcapwn, you missed few talent points, you're 5/0/40, and you should have 6 talent points left to use.
    yeah i havent figured out how i want to use them yet

I don't think I was ever defense-capped at 60 and MT'd through BWL. Most others weren't, either, I don't think. It wasn't easy to do back then without sacrificing a LOT of other stats, but it wasn't necessary, either. You'd get close, like within 1-2% and that was enough. If I remember, T1 & T2 had really low defense on it. The gear just wasn't available.

I remember when I broke 6K hp unbuffed. I was STACKED!

In BC and later it got a lot easier to get defense-capped.

Quote Originally Posted by owlcapwn View Post
    heres my lvl 60 warrior, hes at 435 just need the def trink out of BWL and hell be capped

Awesome, thanks for that. I've got similar gear on my warrior as well that I was trying for def cap without level 80 enchants... Came close, but no cigar.

+ Reply to Thread