+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low on Stamina for 10man WOTLK Content?

Low on Stamina for 10man WOTLK Content?

I Keep reading about players with large amounts of Stamina, and I started to second guess my setup I am currently running. I have run Spider Wing in 10 man Naxx a few days ago and I was mostly running Off Tank duties but a few points I have to take over MT it got a little sketchy.

I do believe I am a little low on my dodge and parry, but that is hopefully going to be fixed soon with some new gear from some Heroics.

Here is my armory link: Purgo

I would appreciate anything that members might think would help.

Armory is down atm. I recently ran Naxx 10 with a Paladin tank and I was sitting at 25,000 unbuffed hit points. I had 2 crafted epic items, the Titanium Earthguard Ring and the Tempered Titansteel helm. I had the epic tanking sword you get from the Argent Tournament. All the rest was blue crafted gear. I was able to solo tank all the trash and MT all the bosses. The only place I had trouble was tanking Faerlina with Frenzy for the "Momma Said Knock You Out" achievement.

Avoidance isn't too critical. It's nice for healer mana but on my runs I'm with my guild so our DPS is decent (2.5k-3.5k each), which means the healers don't have time to run out of mana. I'd focus on getting a huge hit point pool and staying uncrittable. For trash I just have 1 healer and 8 DPS so the fights take little time and go with 2 healers + 7 DPS on bosses for the same reason.

Your health is fine for that level of content. Things got "sketchy" probably because your avoidance is low.

Remember, 10-mans are HARD if you're geared for... 10-mans. Crazy, I know, but that's how it's designed. If you don't outgear the content, you're going to be challenged to survive.

I was tanking Patch at 24.2K unbuffed as a warrior, with not a ton of avoidance. Did the healers have to heal me a lot? Yes. Did I do the job? Yes.

I have better gear now, but you have to start somewhere.

Awesome, thank you very much for the words of wisdom. Eases my worries.

Hello, I just checked out your person, and was wondering why you are stacking so much strength?

Buddy, let me make something clear.

There's 10man content, and then there's 10man content.

You should have no problem tanking Naxx10. No problem at all.
    You should run into lots of problems trying to do Ulduar 10man hardmodes.

There are lots of fights in between with varying difficulity levels and such.

But you should be able to tank most 10man pre-ulduar fights without issue.
    (It'd go even better if you got rid of those strength gems - you don't need them.)

Hi,

You have about the same health and gear as me, and I have no problem tanking Naxxaramas 10 and most (if not all) Heroic content.

I'd recommend trying to get the Tier 7 Chest and enchant it with +8 Stats or +10 Stats, along with Bracers of the Herald from Ahn'Kahet Heroic, and enchanting it with +40 Stamina.

You've got enough stamina as it is for 10Man Naxx, and maybe 10Man Ulduar (I myself have never been there, but our guild's Main Tank has, and he has about 28,000 health).

Good luck in your tanking endeavors,

Neglected.
    90% of raiding comes down to 6 words:
    "Don't stand in the bad stuff!"

i've MTed naxx 10 with 24k hp unbuffed

personally i think ur avoidance stats are pretty low - but thats just me, i prefer to have high avoidance over just buffing my sta to absorb hits

i would recommend switching the blue pure sta gems for the green def + sta - ur sta will drop but ur avoidance stats go up - its a fairly good tradeoff, u get hit less so the drop in sta won't be felt very badly. also bear in mind that ur sta will go up as u upgrade ur gear

u might also want to switch the str gem for a dodge + sta one

also, switch the titanium spike on ur shield for the def enchant or at least the block buff - that should up ur avoidance more or at least up the dmg mitigated. if ur using the titanium spike for threat, then i would seriously take a look at ur rotation and spec (which i cant see atm due to armory stuffing up)

besides, once u upgrade ur gear, the drop in defense on gear is going to be a pain - u will probably need it to maintain the def minimum of 540

u might also want to consider running reg HOL for the seal of the pantheon trinket to replace the ruby hare figurine - that has a pretty high defense buff and the loss of 24 dodge from the gems will not be felt due to diminishing returns + the def buff from the trinket

working out the stamina drop while making the changes to the gemming and trinket i mentioned - u will lose 860 hp but all ur avoidance stats will go up

considering mob damage done in raids, the drop of 860 hp is negligible (at least to me)

I can tell you that my last death on Mimiron would not have happened had I had 1k more hp. More hp is always a good thing in progression content. If Nax10 is progression for his guild, then he is probably gearing the right way.

Effective health is all about surviving the worst case (which avoidance can never really fix)

@nerfme

thats fair enough, but my suggestions were in regard to balancing out his sta and avoidance stats

considering hes sitting on 27864 hp unbuffed, a drop of 860 still puts him on the 27k mark. buffed in raid (motw, kings, fort, food, flask) should put him in the vicinity of 33k hp - given thats its naxx 10 thats hes referring to, that should be more than enough, and some avoidance would be preferable IMO

+ Reply to Thread