+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm a loss

I'm a loss

I am at a loss on my main (The World of Warcraft Armory). I've been sitting at 80 for about 2 months now (I've been playing off and on). I am fairly well geared, when compared to most tanks when they do their first Naxx, and until I manage to raid I doubt my gear will get better.

But, no one wants a tank for Naxx who doesn't have any experience running it. I've watched the videos of all the fights, am more then willing to listen to advice over vent/TS, I have all the appropriate add-ons, and most of the people I've partied with would say that I am excellent at keeping hate, grabbing adds, watching for pats, knowing the strats, etc. It kinda seems like a catch-22, how am I supposed to get experience without being able to run it?

Now, you might say get a guild. Well, I'd love to, I don't mind working and I honestly would prefer not to be carried. Raiding strikes me as a challenge which would be why I'd want to do it. The problem is, that either they don't raid Fri-Sat (anytime Fri-Sat too), or they have no real drive to progress into raiding. I realize I'm a tank at a bad time; most guilds are already far past Naxx with dedicated tanks to boot.

I've looked at a few options:

I recently ditched my second blood tanking spec for an unholy DPS spec. Maybe I'll be able to run Naxx as a DPS so I can say I do have Naxx experience

I could continue running heroics and hope I run across someone who notices my skill and happens to need a tank. This might work, and if I hadn't recently transferred I would have many old contacts to call upon, but I doubt it.

Or, finally, give up on any hope of tanking. I have a resto/ele shaman at 71, and I know I would have no trouble seeing content on him.

Does anyone have any advice? All I want to do is tank content.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”-Albert Einstein

Here's another option.

Lie.

Just tell to whoever doesn't want to take you that you did all the fights on an alt.

I'd oppose lying strongly, but I hate the brainless "link your achievements" crap that some random DPSer pulls for naxx runs.

bump
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”-Albert Einstein

Well what Martie said is the easiet way: say you have cleared naxx on another character, but i'm too strongly against ppl lying

You could just try and explain that you do know all of the tactics and you are more than willing to take constructive critisim.

or a third option might be to start your own pug raid.

+ Reply to Thread