+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Speed

Weapon Speed

Hey guys i did VoA today and it was a bit of a nightmare holding aggro when the raid was pulling 5k dps.

They said it was becaues my weap had a speed of 2.5 im using Broken Promise is it right for what they are saying and i need to get a new weapon?

If u need to know any of my stats just shout and ill post them.

A quicker weapon will help with more Heroic Strikes.. are you using Heroic strike as much as possible?

Also I see your Hit Rating is very low, capping that (8%) will help your threat out a lot.
    Your ad could be here.

I would recommend going with a Deep Wounds build if your gonna use a slow weapon. It helps to make up for less hits.

But I do agree with the hit rating thing, getting 8% will help you out threat wise.

does that mean sacrificing some hp for hit?

edit,

That means i have to gain 110 hit rating from somewhere, lol any idea?

edit

Also gone for this build deep wounds i hope build :P
    Last edited by kingymech; 06-29-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Bladeward probably cost a lot of money so you'll probably stick with that but a good old weapon chain is nice for adding hit.

Then there's one of my favorite rings: Signet of the Impregnable Fortress - Item - World of Warcraft for just 25 emblems.

I think you're on the right track, as in you don't really need to overhaul your gear. ~200 hit is more than enough as a tank. If you really need to land a taunt then you glyph it or throw Vigilance on the OT (missed taunts don't trigger the diminishing returns).

Ok sorted, now hittcapped (helps being a jc) and trying out that build , well lets see if it works.

thankd for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Then there's one of my favorite rings: Signet of the Impregnable Fortress - Item - World of Warcraft for just 25 emblems.

yeh thats next on my list to get.

I'd recommend a slight change in that build - 3/3 Armored to the Teeth (Fury Talent)
    2/2 Gag Order (10% Shield slam dmg is significant for threat, plus you get the very nice silence with it)

Drop the 3 points out of Shield Specilization. 3% block won't be a great help to you.
    Your ad could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    Drop the 3 points out of Shield Specilization. 3% block won't be a great help to you.
    This may change next patch though. Not because of the block but because of the rage gen.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

i have the eternaly folded blade from N HoL
    what would be a decent upgrade from that?
    (apart from the sword from H UP)
    also as a pally tank does speed of a weapon really matter?

+ Reply to Thread