+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signet of Winter vs Platnium Band of the Aesir

Signet of Winter vs Platnium Band of the Aesir

Hey all.

Just got in a debate about this in guild chat and wanted to see what you all thought.

Signet of Winter - Item - World of Warcraft

vs.

Platinum Band of the Aesir - Item - World of Warcraft

Now, I am insanely over the expertise soft cap, so it is my belief that stat carries a little less weight now.

My explanation to my guild was that I knew that the Parry was a wasted stat, but I was picking up additional threat stats, armor, and dodge.

The counter to that was that Defense gives mitigation to all stats...

So, what do you all think? I mean, according to RAWR, WoWhead, and EJ, Signet of Winter is clearly the better choice.

What is your reasoning behind picking one or another?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing what you all think!

Most definately take signet of winter over it: Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

However, what is your other ring, because those 2 paired is possibly one of the best pairs you can get
    Your ad could be here.

Probably for an EH set do Levi & Signet, and keep Platinum band for a threat oriented set
    Your ad could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    Probably for an EH set do Levi & Signet, and keep Platinum band for a threat oriented set
    Gotcha. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Halfass View Post
    My explanation to my guild was that I knew that the Parry was a wasted stat, but I was picking up additional threat stats, armor, and dodge.
    I know there's another thread trying to evaluate threat from parry but I would have to see some very detailed posts to believe that any threat from parry will outgain threat from expertise (below the hard cap).

Keep in mind that your TPS gain from 1 expertise point is the same if you were at 30 or 50 (your percentage gain starts to go down, but that's true of any stat you stack).

Also, you gain dodge with the Signet, but the pre-DR avoidance numbers have the Platinum band giving more avoidance overall (2.04% vs. 1.78% using A list of useful Tanking Formulas for Warriors - Dodge, Parry, Block).

Even if we call those avoidance and threat numbers a wash, Signet only wins out in physical effective health (I think quite handily though).

Definitely keep both, but if it were me, I'd wear the Platinum band much more often.

I think you missed something crucial Muffin -- I am Feral Druid and not a Warrior tank

I guess that little forum topic image is not enough! Should have stated that I was a Feral Druid in the OP.

+ Reply to Thread