+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XT-002 Deconstructor (Hard Mode)

One thing that will help your healers considerably on tantrums is to setup a cooldown rotation. Raid Sac, Hymn, and some other stuff I can't remember exactly. Our healing team had a whole list of people and which tantrum in sequence they would blow a cooldown on. Just put the order in a macro so it is easy to inform everyone what the order is, and make sure each person knows when they are next.

For positioning, make sure there is seperation between the melee and ranged groups. Also you can have the melee all together tight just behind his right or left foot. Then when they run on light spark, they run to behind the other foot, are still in melee range to dps, but are out of light spark damage range. This was really helpful prenerf with meeting the enrage, but isn't strictly essential now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarigar View Post
    We 4 shotted it our first night and then then this weekend everytime a wipe was called because either A. Enrage timer was about to be hit or B. we lost too many healers.

A. We killed 25 man hard mode after 2 evasion tanks and lots of dead dps Think everyone except... 2 healers and 1 dps died when he died. I had to close my eyes each time a tantrum occured!
    Last edited by johnandre93; 06-30-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    In WoW, everyone who have accomplished less than you is noobs, and everyone that have accomplished more than you has no life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    When we're doing XT-002, I keep an eye on his health percentages at the 6, 4, and 2 minute marks. As long as they're about 75%, 50%, and 25% respectively, we're going to be fine.
    Hey Cider - check this addon out. Calculates the time it takes for a mob to die on the fly, very useful for keeping track of whether the raid is going to make the enrage timer or not.

Well, we tried spreading out the ranged and it didnt seem to go as well as expected. We had a lot more raid DPS stacking up the ranged and melee.

Another questions I have tho is how many ranged DPS did you have killing sparks? We had roughly 10 ranged DPS in the raid and I'm wondering if they should all be on the life spark or if you assign certain people to it and let the rest continue DPS on XT. We only ran with 5 healers and 2 tanks, and we were barley killing the heart intime. You stated that you can have 6-7 healers and 2 tanks and have no problem killing the heart.

Thanks again and thanks for all your vids

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassin View Post
    Another questions I have tho is how many ranged DPS did you have killing sparks?
    If the tank can keep them in range of random stray damage from the boss, 3 full-time damage and an offtank is enough to handle them. Two might be doable, but that's really pushing it.

-Splug

Offtank? Don't you just kite them?

We've used 1 tank and 5 healers for this fight, since we set up our strat and got the kill prenerf when dps was very tight. I taunt to pick up every spark, but don't do any actual threat to it, ranged explodes it, and it's always dead before it hits the ranged clump. No kiting, no offtank, no tank damage. We do have every ranged in raid with the exception of shadow priests burn sparks on spawning. When they were spawning faster, it was nearly fulltime, but it kept the sparks from ever chaining thier shock through melee, which we deemed worthwhile. It's not a concern now, obviously.

This is really one of the easier hardmodes now, there's probably a lot of ways to make it work and succeed at the dps check. With 1 tank, 5 healers, and not having modified the strat to make use of melee splash damage, we still manage 7.5-8 minute kills now.

--
    Meloree, <Edge>, Garona

thanks

Thanks for posting, word of advice, make sure your range are running towards you when they have light bomb, as they will be out of range of taunt...
    Thanks again Tankspot

Just want to let you know guys, my guild was a little sceptic about using this strategy so we asked. This is what we got.

Q:
    http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090703/VH1UPoP0gT.jpg
    A:
    http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090703/t5VkX7I7IJ.jpg

Conclusion: We don't use this strategy.

Hi

We (my guild and I) have tried this last night. Wiped a lot on it and didn't get it. We finally gave up and did the deconstruct faster and nerf engineering in the end.
    I was tanking the boss, we had one warr tank with vigilance on me for adds/sparks, 7 healers and rest dps. I have a few questions regarding the encounter.
    1st : what are the exact effects of the sparks? I see in the movie that you kill them in the middle of the raid. Isn't there an AoE damage when they die or something? Cause we had a team of 4 ppl, tank+3dps ttrying to kill them outside the raid. Best try was to get the boss to 20%, at which point we hit the enrage timer and wiped. Felt like those 3 dps would have been better on boss then waste them on sparks.
    2nd : about the healing. What kind of cooldowns do you use for less raid damage during tantrum? Cause we lost a lot of ppl during tantrum phases. I was using Divine protection every 2 tantrums and Heart of Iron during normal phases to try and keep it as easy as possible on the healers, since the raid damage was so much.
    3rd : about the dps. How did you do on the heart? Did you have any seconds left? Cause last weeks we were not even near killing the heart and last night sometimes the heart would die just as it was going back in the "chest" of the robot. To me it seemed like we lacked the dps to really make it. Was nice exercise otherwise. Ppl learned how and where to go with the bombs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zackiz View Post
    Just want to let you know guys, my guild was a little sceptic about using this strategy so we asked. This is what we got.

Q:
    http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090703/VH1UPoP0gT.jpg
    A:
    http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090703/t5VkX7I7IJ.jpg

Conclusion: We don't use this strategy.
    You phrased your question such that it sounds like you're preventing him from spawning any scrap piles in phase two, rather than just controling the spawn area. The GM's reply seems to have that context as well, in stating "it's meant to work with adds."

-Splug

Quote Originally Posted by zackiz View Post
    Why would you be skeptical of something like this? It doesn't use any kind of tricky LoS or standing on top of terrain or anything else. It's just tank him over there instead of over here. Really, that's sounds a little retentive to me.

Also, considering that Blizzard created the mechanics of the fight to NOT spawn adds from those piles but to spawn double adds from the opposite piles instead, I'd wager to say they completely and fully intended it to work this way and also intended this to be a fully legit strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
    1st : what are the exact effects of the sparks? I see in the movie that you kill them in the middle of the raid. Isn't there an AoE damage when they die or something? Cause we had a team of 4 ppl, tank+3dps ttrying to kill them outside the raid. Best try was to get the boss to 20%, at which point we hit the enrage timer and wiped. Felt like those 3 dps would have been better on boss then waste them on sparks.
    The sparks pulse a (raidwide?) AoE nature damage every few seconds in addition to a fair amount of melee nature damage to their target. They do not cause damage on death. If you're losing DPS to the sparks then your DPS is not ready for this fight yet. The sparks have pitifully low health and should die in seconds.

2nd : about the healing. What kind of cooldowns do you use for less raid damage during tantrum? Cause we lost a lot of ppl during tantrum phases. I was using Divine protection every 2 tantrums and Heart of Iron during normal phases to try and keep it as easy as possible on the healers, since the raid damage was so much.
    As a Druid simply using Barkskin every Tantrum is typically sufficent for me. Some Tantrums I don't even use cooldowns.
    3rd : about the dps. How did you do on the heart? Did you have any seconds left? Cause last weeks we were not even near killing the heart and last night sometimes the heart would die just as it was going back in the "chest" of the robot. To me it seemed like we lacked the dps to really make it. Was nice exercise otherwise. Ppl learned how and where to go with the bombs.
    If you're barely getting the heart down then you are DEFINITELY not ready for this hard mode. The heart should drop without worrying that you're going to miss the timer. I'd say if you can't have the heard down before 5 seconds remain then you do not need to be worrying about this hard mode yet.
    Last edited by Darxide; 07-09-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Formatting mistake

[quote=Darxide;251814Also, considering that Blizzard created the mechanics of the fight to NOT spawn adds from those piles but to spawn double adds from the opposite piles instead, I'd wager to say they completely and fully intended it to work this way and also intended this to be a fully legit strategy.[/quote]

I agree with the coding having to be deliberate in terms of not coming out of the nearby piles but I haven't noticed anyone saying anything about double coming from the far piles. Obviously when I'm tanking him the adds are pretty far from my concern so maybe I'm just missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darxide View Post
    If you're barely getting the heart down then you are DEFINITELY not ready for this hard mode. The heart should drop without worrying that you're going to miss the timer. I'd say if you can't have the heard down before 5 seconds remain then you do not need to be worrying about this hard mode yet.
    On our first HM kill we barely got the heart down...... then again, the DPS that DCed came back online after O.o

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by mistersix View Post
    I agree with the coding having to be deliberate in terms of not coming out of the nearby piles but I haven't noticed anyone saying anything about double coming from the far piles. Obviously when I'm tanking him the adds are pretty far from my concern so maybe I'm just missing it.
    Trust me, you get twice as many from the far piles.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    On our first HM kill we barely got the heart down...... then again, the DPS that DCed came back online after O.o
    I guess it's doable now that the enrage timer is ridiculously high but you'll be putting your healers to the test having the encounter run that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Darxide View Post
    I guess it's doable now that the enrage timer is ridiculously high but you'll be putting your healers to the test having the encounter run that long.
    When the encounter was 1st killed almost every single guild killled it 10-20 seconds after the enrage timer. Even on our 2nd and 3rd kills it took that long. They nerfed it on our 4th kill and we dropped 2 dps for a healer and a tank and still killed it with i believe over 3 minutes left on the enrage.

My point, Heart DPS means nothing. As long as it dies consistantly then you are ready for this hard mode.

For one, it is very possible that a melee was not auto attacking it. It is very possible to be able to use specials but not be white swinging.\

For two, 5 seconds is a a lot. Even my guild does it (in 25) with only 1-2 seconds left and were on algalon.

Downed this in 10man tonight on the second attempt and got myself Aesir's Edge. Thanks a whole lot to Cider and Lore for taking the time to do these videos, they're a huge help to my guild. Keep up the good work!

XT Post 3.2

The last two weeks my guild has had to move back to tanking Xt by the stairs because we end up getting a lot more adds than before when we moved him to the side inbetween two piles does anyone know if this was intended by blizz or a bug. Sayin this i think that Hard Mode actually becomes easier because after you kill the heart in the first heart phase no more adds come and you just deal light and gravity bombs can anyone offer another insight on this.

+ Reply to Thread