+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XT-002 Deconstructor (Hard Mode)

XT-002 Deconstructor (Hard Mode)

Though we had mentioned Hodir as one of the first hard modes any guild should work on, the recent Ulduar instances make both Flame Leviathan and XT-002 idealy first hard modes to work on for guilds. Hodir would ideally come immediately after these two, followed by Thorim, Steelbreaker and on.
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks for updating with the side tanking strat. You guys have became such a default for raid strategies, I had to argue hard to get my guild to try moving him off the steps.

Donor download is up!

You mention tantrum being fairly harsh on the healers, but of course the DPS requirements for burning through the heart are fairly tight. Would you recommend dropping healers to meet the DPS required?
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

How many healers do you recommend ? Were tried it only once but without bloodlust in the hearthphase and unfortunatly we had bad support on that night, so we just killed him the normal way.

And another question: What do you do with the huge robots spawning through hearthphase ? Nuke them down or tank them through ?
    Ulduar25 (13/14)
    Coliseum25 (5/5)

From my experience(didn't kill in 25man, only 10man) this is more of a survivability fight than a dps race, so you shouldn't bring less healers, maybe even bring an extra 1-2 along with the raid instead of the normal number of tanks since it not a tank fight, even if he has an enrage timer it's not that hard since it is huge, worry about not letting the adds/spawns alive(prior: adds-->boss). With full procs and BL you shouldn't have trouble dpsing the hearth since you should have solid geared dps. Yeah BL as mentioned in this movie should and must be pooped on the hearth, it's very hard to dps all that health in the given timer. When the robots spawn (both bomb-bots and the big ones) should be killed immediately with the bigger ones being tanked while you do so. Don't bother with the bots that heal since he is at his full health again with the destruction of his hearth, priority should be the bots mentioned and the light bomb spawns. VERY careful with the positioning of the voids! Healers should spread to get range to most of the raid if someone gets to far away.
    This is one of my favorite Hard modes, specially cause it isn't mainly a burn rush/dps race. It's more of a constructive fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggr View Post
    How many healers do you recommend ? Were tried it only once but without bloodlust in the hearthphase and unfortunatly we had bad support on that night, so we just killed him the normal way.

And another question: What do you do with the huge robots spawning through hearthphase ? Nuke them down or tank them through ?
    Prior to the recent nerf you couldn't afford many healers. After it, you should be able to support 6 or 7 as well as a second tank.

Use Heroism on the heart phase if you're behind.

When we're doing XT-002, I keep an eye on his health percentages at the 6, 4, and 2 minute marks. As long as they're about 75%, 50%, and 25% respectively, we're going to be fine.

whats min dps everyone needs to kill the heart?

and at 2:21 right after lore explains where to move with light bombs and gravity bombs i like how some one runs the wrong way made me laugh a little

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    whats min dps everyone needs to kill the heart?
    Well, they said the heart has 7.2 million hp, and you have 30 seconds. Assuming everyone immediately starts DPS on the heart, you need a raid-wide 240,000 DPS. It will probably take a couple seconds for everyone to get started, so bump that up a little.

Edit: Oh, but the Heart takes double damage, right? So, 120k DPS otherwise.
    Last edited by Myrcella; 06-29-2009 at 09:45 AM.

I was avoiding the side strat because I had heard that it was a glitch and didn't want to get used to it and have to relearn the fight. Is it intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggr View Post

Previously, running with more than 5 healers would mean a post-berserk kill was more likely than a pre-berserk finish. With the reduced spark spawns and the ability to tank them close enough to melee to benefit from collateral splash damage, it's no longer a major issue and a sixth healer will net a significant increase in stability.

The pummellers do have an AE trample, and now that the life sparks don't cleave it's worth tanking them in the raid. You should lose less damage turning and burning the pummellers than you would either dedicating an offtank to sit with them in a corner, having an offtank handle sparks away from the melee splash damage, or bringing an extra healer to compensate for the trample damage. This also means you can ignore the stray scrap bots walking toward XT, since he'll be full health and damage on him will be minimal while the pummellers are finished off. However once the pummellers are down, it is worthwhile to kill any stray scrap bots. You should have about 15-25 seconds to kill the pummellers before the first spark spawns. Occasionally, you will only have one pummeller if heart damage is high enough to cut the phase short. Especially with the last few seconds of bloodlust still active, finishing the pummellers in that timeframe should not be a problem.

-Splug

Quote Originally Posted by tripp6sic6 View Post
    I was avoiding the side strat because I had heard that it was a glitch and didn't want to get used to it and have to relearn the fight. Is it intended?
    It seems intended, since it seems like the sort of thing they'd have to add in on purpose. Either way, tanking him in the middle doesn't make the fight significantly more difficult since the recent hotfixes.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by tripp6sic6 View Post
    I doubt it gets removed, but I also don't see a significant benefit to it. If you pull damage off XT to bring down pummellers, having him eat several scrap bots while at full health isn't detrimental anyway. The only convenience points are the easier pummeller pickup, and not having boom bots walk in behind the tank. As to whether it's intended is debatable, and it may help simplify things a bit, but it's a very minor part of the strategy for hard mode due to the shifted focus of the encounter.

Also, nice work on the video Lore.

-Splug

Quote Originally Posted by Splug View Post
    Previously, running with more than 5 healers would mean a post-berserk kill was more likely than a pre-berserk finish. With the reduced spark spawns and the ability to tank them close enough to melee to benefit from collateral splash damage, it's no longer a major issue and a sixth healer will net a significant increase in stability.
    Our very first kill, which was before the faceroll nerf, was done with 2 tanks/6 healers and completed before the enrage hit. I haven't watched Cider's video yet, but we used a strat which maximised dps time- the spots people moved to for light bombs was always within dps range, even for melee. So imo, if you had trouble with fitting in a 2nd tank or 6th healer, it's probably a case of bad positioning/bad playing/bad gear or a combination of them.

But after the nerfs, he has become extremely easy compared to before, and doable with less healers since he doesn't do as much damage anymore.
    Last edited by Cookie; 06-29-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    It seems intended, since it seems like the sort of thing they'd have to add in on purpose. Either way, tanking him in the middle doesn't make the fight significantly more difficult since the recent hotfixes.
    It means adds that do spawn only spawn from the far piles.

Quick question, My guild has tried stacking together just like you did in the video in 10man, however it seemed that if a Light Bomb hit either group and then he tantrumed it was impossible to avoid taking insane ammount of damage.

Is it feasible to spread the ranged out in a half circle and have them step backwards if they get gravity bomb and stand in the center of the half circle where the off tank can pick up light bombs? I didnt see it happen in your video, but I've found it can be a "unlucky" circumstance and was trying to avoid it. If its unneccesary maybe we are just doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassin View Post
    Quick question, My guild has tried stacking together just like you did in the video in 10man, however it seemed that if a Light Bomb hit either group and then he tantrumed it was impossible to avoid taking insane ammount of damage.

Is it feasible to spread the ranged out in a half circle and have them step backwards if they get gravity bomb and stand in the center of the half circle where the off tank can pick up light bombs? I didnt see it happen in your video, but I've found it can be a "unlucky" circumstance and was trying to avoid it. If its unneccesary maybe we are just doing something wrong
    A couple things.

1. People probably aren't moving fast enough if Light Bomb is hitting your raid for enough to have a serious impact on healing (especially during a tantrum, when new Light Bombs cannot be formed).

2. Your strategy idea makes a lot of sense. Only thing I'd change to it is making sure melee have somewhere to the sides they can run to drop gravity bombs.

We had a problem where the Light Sparks were owning people. We 4 shotted it our first night and then then this weekend everytime a wipe was called because either A. Enrage timer was about to be hit or B. we lost too many healers.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Having only done this on 10 man, I had no idea the light spark could kill people. We just let it run loose figuring all it did was the 100 yard aoe damage.

Also, our strategy was to set up a totem camp 10 yards behind melee and 10 yards in front of ranged/healers. The light sparked guy would stand in the totems, void zones would run off to either side of the boss. Seemed to work well, although it was a tight fit since there's also the MT on the other side of XT for the healers to keep in range.

And last, was that 3 warriors in the top 5 dps? Gives me a little hope =p.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Having only done this on 10 man, I had no idea the light spark could kill people.
    They were getting melee'd on 10 man by the Light Spark for 20k.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

+ Reply to Thread