+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some input

Need some input

Hello

I present to you my tank.

I would like some personal opinions on what gems i could trade in and/or enchant differently. Also if you want to take a look at my Spec. It's a tank beeing used for Ulduar and Naxxramas tanking. I haven't tried 25 man Ulduar yet with the tank, but we do 10 man, and are still struggeling on Vazax. Should i just stay put and blow all CD's?

Thx in advance

Jompalaya - Burning Vigor - Shattered Halls EU

A few things. You are a bit low on expertise without gemming for it. A few pieces to look out for:

Legplates of Sovereignty (Malygos25)
    +exp pants from Uld10 (Kologarn10 I think, bit vague on these)
    Ironbark Faceplate (Freya10)
    Siegebreaker Pauldrons (Thorim10)
    Pauldrons of Unnatural Death (Anub25)

Basically any gear with block is good to replace with expertise, unless you’re tanking content that block is useful for (ie. Heroics, Naxx trash, not Ulduar!) I’m not too keen on gemming for hit either, particularly in Ulduar, I would gem for survival (stam, def/stam if you want the socket bonus).

Titanium Plating on your shield is a bit meh. I have a Skull of Ruin with extra SBV that I use for questing ^.^ but it’s a fairly useless enchant for Ulduar. I’d go for +20 defense and free up some other slots for stamina.

Repelling Charge is not my favourite trinket, but I use Valor Medal which isn’t overly awesome either. Passive avoidance is similar on both, and 3k health on use isn’t bad at all, I prefer a bit of extra dodge myself. WTB Heart of Iron – perfect mix of static stamina and dodge on use!

Enchants are good. The PVP 30stam/15resil for shoulders is pretty nice in Ulduar, particularly since you are comfortable over 540 defense (although you can drop to 536 with it), so you could try that instead of the SoH one – personal preference, both are decent. The threat/parry to gloves is what I’m using as well, but I’m swapping it out for an 18stam patch this week with an eye on some hard modes and getting smashed up good and proper.

Wrong forum.

Read rules.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ok, thx

I will enchant my shield with 20 Defence and use the Defender's Code instead. Thx for input

+ Reply to Thread