+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph of Devastate/Cleave/Sunder Amor

Glyph of Devastate/Cleave/Sunder Amor

I know threat wise for single target tanking, Devastate would be better. However, for AoE tanking which would it be?

Couple questions about them as well. Glyph of devastate applies a second sunder to your target, which means 3 swings will cap your target instead of 5 swings. However Glyph of Sunder Armor applies a stack on a nearby target. Does having this glyph mean devastate will also apply a sunder armor to a nearby target or is it only sunder armor?

At the moment I'm using glyph of cleave to increase the amount of targets my cleave hits from 2 to 3. But since cleave doesn't have a threat modifier and only hits for a small amount, but hits more targets than glyph of sunder armor would, is it better than tabbing/spamming devastate for AoE tanking?

Thanks for any and all help.

Glyph of Sunder Armor applies to devastate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud8690 View Post
    At the moment I'm using glyph of cleave to increase the amount of targets my cleave hits from 2 to 3. But since cleave doesn't have a threat modifier and only hits for a small amount, but hits more targets than glyph of sunder armor would, is it better than tabbing/spamming devastate for AoE tanking?

Thanks for any and all help.
    Cleave does have bonus threat built into it (damage + 225) and it's damage is "weapon damage + X amount of bonus damage" just like Heroic Strike, only slightly lower.

But that's irrelevant really, when AoE tanking you'll spam Cleave while tab targetting different mobs to use your CGD abilities. You can do Cleave and Devastate at the same time if you wish, so do it.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I AoE tank a lot on my warrior, and glyph of Cleaving is absolutely awesome for doing so.

I duel spec tank. one for aoe and one for ulduar bosses. In my aoe spec i use glyph of cleave and glyph of sunder armor. Best two aoe glyphs imo.

+ Reply to Thread