+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defense capped - cloak enchant?

Defense capped - cloak enchant?

I'm a warrior, I'm over the defense cap and I'm wondering if I should switch out my cloak enchant for something else.

I'm currently using titanweave, getting rid of it wont drop me under 540.. so I'm wondering if switching to 22 agility or 225 armor will infact give me greater returns?

Somebody must have made a comparison, just I cannot seem to find anything about it through use of google etc.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

im not sure what the theorycrafting would say but I would think defence is going to give you the best return over armour, and certainly over agi. It's possible the armour enchant might be better for an EH set, but I dont think 225 armor is going to mitigate very much at all.

No such thing as Defense Capped. You can keep stacking it after you're Crit Immune, since it'll keep giving you block/dodge/parry/miss. So I suggest Titanweave still.

While it still helps it loses a lot of its value after being crit immune. I might suggest swapping out defense for other stats somewhere else or using the armor enchant

I wouldn't say it loses that much value. Gaining a steady increase in block, parry, dodge and miss is nothing to sniff at.

If you have no other defense enchants anywhere else (helm and shoulders being an exception), and you're still at the 540 mark without titanweave, basically you can put whatever you want on it. overall defense gives the best return, but agi balances some threat (Crit) with survivability, and armor gives more mitigation rather than avoidance.

Keep Titanweave, you could lose a lot of defence once you move on to iLevel 200 epics and it's good to keep a good margin so you don't have to redo gems and enchants everytime you swap gear.
    Last edited by Crommi; 07-01-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typos....
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by Crommi View Post
    Keep Titanweave, you could lose a lot of defence once you move on to iLevel 200 epics and it's good to keep a good margin so you don't have to redo gems and enchants everyime you swap gear.
    I concur.

+ Reply to Thread