+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Focus Charge/Intercept Macro

Focus Charge/Intercept Macro

I've been trying to become a bit more PvP orientated and now realize focus macros are a big part of PvP.

I was trying to use the Focus Charge macro but with one adjustment....using a ctrl modifier, for some reason it doesn't work though. I can't really use a shift modifier since just about all my keys are bound to a shift+# already.

Any ideas?

Could you post the macro and I can help.

#showtooltip Charge
    /cast battle stance
    /cast [target=focus, modifier:ctrl] Charge; Charge

same thing as in ur guide only I put in control instead of shift only it doesn't work.

I just tested on my warrior and it worked. The problem you're probably experiencing has to do with keybinds.

To fix this:

You have charge (for example) bound to 1. Ctrl+1 may be default keybound to some sort of action. So keybind something as ctrl+1, then clear it. It should be a free keybind now so try to macro again.

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1, target=focus] Charge;
    /cast [stance:3, target=focus] Intercept;

Just wondering is it possible to make the focus modifier option, switch you to Berserker Stance and Intercept if your in Battle Stance and vice versa?

Currently my charge and intervene macro's are seperate and also have Hamstring bound to them, as long as the focus modifier option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Just wondering is it possible to make the focus modifier option, switch you to Berserker Stance and Intercept if your in Battle Stance and vice versa?
    The basic macro to switch to Berserker is:

/cast [stance:3] Intercept; Berserker Stance

So with a modifier for focus it'd be:

/cast [mod:shift,stance:3,target=focus] Intercept; [stance:3] Intercept; Berserker Stance

Note that you can also set the "Focus Cast Key" from Interface Options -> Combat. If that's shift, even a macro'd ability will target the focus if the shift key is down.

Provided it's not overruled by an explicit keybind ofc.

Whoops wut I meant is, for the macro to switch me to Zerk Stance and Intercept if Charge already on Cooldown.

I don't think that's possible. Macro's don't know about cooldowns. Scripts know about cooldowns, but are not allowed to cast spells.

+ Reply to Thread