+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I ready for the bigger stuff?

Am I ready for the bigger stuff?

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Generally I'm OT, but occasionally I'm needed as MT. My questions are:
    A.) Should I cut out some stamina gems to pick up some avoidance gems.
    B.) Are there any enchants I should switch out.
    C.) Should I go back to defense cap w/o stone gargoyle and get the 4% parry again?

*edit-
    Also, aside from those questions. Is my DK ready for higher level raiding? If so what content would I be good to go for?
    (currently just doing nax 10, os, maly10 nothing really in the way of 25 man other than a few pugs here and there.)
    atm I'm waiting on the rest of my fellow guildies to gear up and get on par with were they need to be dps wise.

thanks in advance,
    Smish
    Last edited by Smish; 06-27-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Everything looks on track to me. I'd stick with the stamina since that generally adds up faster than any amount of avoidance you can get from gemming.

Enchants are standard tanking enchants. All good.

If you can reach the defense cap without stone gargoyle and pick up the 4% parry it does offer a small increase in avoidance. But I've had a hard time finding a way to fit it in myself.

I have almost the same tank gear and I am comfortably MT'ing in Naxx25, and Ulduar 10. We don't clear Ulduar 10 but for the 4 bosses we do.

I couldn't see your weapon because you had some level 1 lance in it but a nice weapon helps. Death Bite or above.

Never ever ever ever gem for parry, you get less avoidance per parry than you do dodge. You're dodge should be atleast 23%+ for ulduar or single tank bosses such as Kologarn will devastate you when you're debuffed.

Stacking stamina is great, but it's not good when ur getting hit 2 or 3 times in a row. Your gear is just fine for naxx10/25, but for progression of ulduar you will definitely have some issues.

Change all gems to exp/sta until you are capped. Your Dragon's eyes are, of course, the exception to this. Much as I hate to see that lovely stam go away, switch your hare out for the badge dodge trinket.

After that, I dunno. I would usually think dodge but I am considering hit after the amount of misses I got in Ulduar last night.

Drop your disease glyph for Rune Strike glyph. Much better.

Thanks for all the input I've been reading up on the runestrike macro and going to go get that glyph now lol...

so dodge>parry gotcha

and what is the expertise cap? 25?

thanks

im a paladin tank just tend to stick with basic heroics and some 10 man raids
    at 25k hp is it possable to tank H UP? does anyone have any advice for a rotation or spec i seem to take alot more dmg then i should...

as for tanking as a *dk* what should i stack a shit load of dodge then stam or stam and parry?

Without knowing your spec/race, cap expertise via exp/sta gems. After that I think the accepted mode is dodge/sta but I am wondering if getting your extra hit at that point isn't advisable.

+ Reply to Thread