+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damage Shield Crits

Damage Shield Crits

Recount - Dragaan's Hostile Attacks: Damage Shield
    1. Hit 565 (99%) (Min: 218 Avg: 358 Max: 730)
    2. Crit 7 (1%) (Min: 540 Avg: 634 Max: 926)

I had realized that damage shield stopped critting since 3.1 was released. I remember them saying they stopped damage shield from being able to crit off recklessness charges, which made me really happy. Then I logged in to find they TOTALLY(?) removed it's ability to crit. Nice Fix. Anyway....

I was in MC, killing Garr like I do every reset. Afterwards, I just happened to look over my recount and I noticed that Damage Shield crit 7 times. I don't know if this was a bug or if it has something to do with the level of the mobs I was tanking (I believe garr's minions are lv 60?). I look over recount and wws parses ALL the time, and never once have I noticed a crit since 3.1. Anyone know what's up with this?

It is interesting, but from my raid tonight:

Wow Web Stats

No crits on Ulduar, so I guess it's not interesting afterall, hehe. Perhaps they did tune it in an odd way so that it would crit very low level mobs but nothing in raid environments. It's too bad, I'd love for DS to crit.

Damage Shield crits used to proc deep wounds all the time, if it no longer crits thats a big loss of AoE TPS.

Wow you know I never even thought to check, it really doesn't crit anymore eh...

I know it doesn't crit. Or at least it's not supposed to... I posted this to see if anyone knew something I don't about the mechanics, since it DID crit on that particular fight.

Hmm that's strange, i know it definitely does crit vs. lower level mobs. While doing the fire festival quests and getting the boat from Darkshore to Teldrassil i had a load of low level town guards beating on me while waiting for the boat. My damage shield definitely crit on them quite often.. maybe around 30% of the time although i didn't have recount running. Maybe the crit chance diminishes steeply depending on how close the mobs level is to yours.

Blizzard may have taking the somewhat lazy approach and just internally reduced the crit chance by say 50% so that you'll never see it in ulduar but might see it on low level mobs.

+ Reply to Thread