+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvprot Warrior, LF Arena partner??

Pvprot Warrior, LF Arena partner??

Do any of your Pvprot players find it difficult to find a partner for arena?

with the mention of 'Prot Warrior', its like a taboo

Prot owns most classes

i am having the same problem, i'm currently playing with a willing resto druid (a bit undergeared) but he at least plays out of free will. tho i would prefer to play with a prot paladin (non healing / healing) resto druid doesn't seem to add that much benefit as i prefer a double dps setup but perhaps the changes will make it more interesting.

I have the chance to duo with my brother, who play a prot spec (heal gear) paladin.

We have no trouble against double dps team. But any team with a shaman heal or druid heal is a 10min fight each time with a 50/50 win chance.

I also want to go for Prot-PvP with my warrior.
    What classes might be best? I can chose between a frostmage a cat-feral druid or a retri pal. What is the best choice and why? Or should I look for a healer?

playing with a DPS class, you need someone who can survive a rush, eg. Mages blink/ice block, Pala Bubble, DK's HP boost spell (no idea whats it called) I would call it a game of survival, i've played with a DK before, its tough as they will start nuking him instead of me

Playing with a healer, it can be tough since u cant really kill their healer faster than a pure dps class killing yours. in that sense you may need to aim for the dps class first. as you can imagine, it would be a long fight.
    Half healers half dps'ers may be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mang0 View Post
    playing with a DPS class, you need someone who can survive a rush, eg. Mages blink/ice block, Pala Bubble, DK's HP boost spell (no idea whats it called) I would call it a game of survival, i've played with a DK before, its tough as they will start nuking him instead of me

Playing with a healer, it can be tough since u cant really kill their healer faster than a pure dps class killing yours. in that sense you may need to aim for the dps class first. as you can imagine, it would be a long fight.
    Half healers half dps'ers may be interesting

Start the arena w/ all of your gear like you would as prot, but with a 2H equipped. Then swap weapons just before you engage.

I get a lot more focus w/ that tactic and my team survives longer.

I would say that one of the stronger partner of ProtWar is a Retradin. Mainly since they got huge amount of burst and tend to live longer then most. A well played team like that can go far. I think there is a team in US that about 2.5k arena rating with that setup

A Feral drood is also an option but not as well as a Paladin.

yep, retradin is an awesome addition to the 2v2 for a prot warrior. Tho a prot paladin prot healadin will work quite well. US servers - Jelly in my beans (team name) check them out for a sample of their ratings in 2v2 / 3v3.

This footage was taken a few weeks ago, currently we are #1 on bg9 as prot warrior /prot paladin , i think our setup takes skill unlike other teams like mage/rogue etc i think we generally outskill the other players in most of our games, anyway hope you enjoy! we are also 2600 3v3 and 2400 5v5 we will be making more videos so please watch for it
    #1 2v2 Bg9 Prot War/Prot pal #8 Pally US Llena 1 By llena12 - World of Warcraft Movies

Not really a skill comp. There's been a lot of drama about this team because they are #1 on BG9 even through all of the mistakes the pally makes throughout the video.

I used to roll with a prot healadin and we managed to just scrape by 2.1k before I transferred servers. Finding a good partner is defintely a pain, but from my experience just dueling people outside Org can help spark some attention your way. IMO, having a healer for a partner def. allows for more slack play compared to running with a dps. The only real difficult teams, are anything with a paladin healer...sometimes even shamans. As Blood said above, that movie has sparked a lot of flamming due to the healers constant mistakes, but hey, they were #1 deal wit it ya know? One thing I would point out is you shouldn't use that movie for strats. Many of the comps they faced, in particular the DK/Druid team, the actually tactics used just would not work. Chasing a druid around the map constantly hotting himself with no peels from the partner, or the prot warrior for that matter, just does not equal win. Then again, the main advantage that you have to running a prot comp is just confusion factor-- not that many high ranked pvProts.

+ Reply to Thread