+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior macros that save space....

Warrior macros that save space....

I am having issues with the GCD and macros.... I want to combine some macros to save space (use less buttons)....

if i have a
    /charge
    /hamstring macro

If i click that when i am to close to charge yet in hamstring range will it work?

does anyone else have some space savers? I dont like to use modifiers in my macros...
    Last edited by huggy77; 06-19-2009 at 08:59 AM.

That should work fine. Charge, Intervene and Intercept are exceptions to the general rule that you can't fit more than one GCD-invoking ability into a single macro. If you are too close to charge or intercept, it will use hamstring.

Using the "[modifier:alt]" parameter I have one button that fits Charge, Intercept, Devastate and Hamstring all onto one button (Shield Block replaces Hamstring in Defensive stance). It's very handy if you can fit the bulk of your most-used abilities onto the 1-4 keys since they're very easy to reach while running/strafing.

Add in the remapping of A and D to be hotkeys instead of turning, and you've got quite a few abilities in easy reach.

i use a gamepad, i can get to alot of keys at once, bug this will save me a button which is good....

i am clueless on how the GCD works...

i will test tonight....

I use a charge/rend macro. pre-juggernaut i used a [combat] [no-combat] macro so that it cast charge out of combat and rend in combat, now i just use a shift modifier for rend, it's easy enough.

As for other macros.. i assume you want them for Arena:
    Focus-charge
    Focus-intercept
    intervene for your partner (/cast [target=<partner name here>] Intervene)

I built stance-dances and weapon swaps into macros too.. equip sword and board+def stance. Equip 2-hander+battlestance. zerker stance+zerker rage+intercept (needs to be spammed.).

Also several other macros for going from battlestance to defstance to use certain abilities:
    defstance+disarm
    spell reflect macro to switch to 1h+shield, defstance and spellreflect.

Quote Originally Posted by kemikalkadet View Post
    I use a charge/rend macro. pre-juggernaut i used a [combat] [no-combat] macro so that it cast charge out of combat and rend in combat, now i just use a shift modifier for rend, it's easy enough.
    ive been looking to do something like this but have it on ham-string. Is the only way to apply this with a modifier now?

Or can u bind it all to one button?
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    i use a gamepad, i can get to alot of keys at once, bug this will save me a button which is good....

i am clueless on how the GCD works...
    Global Cooldown - Elitist Jerks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    ive been looking to do something like this but have it on ham-string. Is the only way to apply this with a modifier now?

Or can u bind it all to one button?
    Technically you can still use a [combat] [no-combat] macro and it'll still work fine, the problem is that you wont be able to charge in combat since it'll try to cast hamstring whenever you're in combat.

There's no way to get it to work with a single keypress.. it'll try to cast both at the same time and you'll get an "out of range" error, blizz made it so you can't add delays in macros to top you botting with them so there's no real way around it. Simplest way is really just to use a modifier.. i have the macro bound to E so it's no real effort to press shift+e whenever you need to.

While there's no way to do it in a single keypress, you can do what was originally asked and have it in a single button that you just press twice with no modifiers.

The macro:
    /cast Hamstring
    /cast Charge

Is a spammable button that will Charge if you are in Charge range and Hamstring if you are in Hamstring range.

I use:

/dismount
    /cast [modifier:alt, nostance:2] Hamstring; [modifier:alt, stance:2] Shield Block; Devastate
    /cast [modifier:alt] Intercept; Charge

And I have that button in every stance on the same hotkey, the #2. That way no matter what stance I am in I hit the same button to Charge if at range or Devastate at close range. If I am in Battle stance I hit alt-2 to Hamstring. In any stance if I hit alt-2 at range it will Intercept instead of Charge. It will pop Shield Block and Intercept in Defensive stance, but that rarely causes a problem and is almost always what I would want to do anyway.

so far i have charge/hamstring combo to save space....
    I also put cancel bladestorm and start bladestorm together...

Didn't Blizzard cancel all macros that put more then 1 attack(exception: heroic strike) in them for warriors back in 2006 when Swifty released a video about it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I can fight only for what I cherish,
    I cherish only what I respect
    and I respect merely that, what I understand.

they disabled cast random for warriors because they want to keep a high skill cap for the class... Left it for other classes because, well....

my charge/intercept macros that use hamstring are still working just fine.

as for the reason they disabled some /castrandom macros, they didnt want to make playing too automated.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread