+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 3.2 and DK DW'ing

I took a look at your build on your blog gravity and am wondering, with the recent change to subversion, if taking 2 points from epidemic and 1 from black ice to 3/3 in subversion would be a net increase in threat. With a glyphed howling blast I'm not sure epidemic is needed.

Interesting question Ferfey.

I'd simulate it but sadly Kahorie's sim is not so good when you exclude Epidemic (details). I'd have to use a rotation file instead, which would mean I don't have a like-for-like comparison anymore.

With shorter disease duration, you would have the problem though, of blood plague dropping off in the 2nd half of your standard rotation, and that would mean obliterate would do less damage then. I wonder too how it'd pan out but my gut-feeling is it'd be a net loss.
    The DK tank site: pwnwear.com.

I can't speak from a tank perspective on this question because I haven't done this particular comparison, but back when I was running with a 15/51/5 dps build for DW frost, i decided one day to pull 2 points out of conviction and grab epidemic, and i saw an average dps gain of about 100 points. I am unsure if the same would remain true for subversion from a tanking perspective. I don't currently tank with epidemic because my current rotation adjusts for the shorter disease up-time and my threat is ample. My suggestion, as it usually is with these types of things, is to test it yourself and see if you notice a positive change.

Disease duration is a hard value to track for its benefits to your dps/threat, but it is very real, and becomes more valuable in practical application than it does in ideal number crunching.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Malygor View Post
    Looking forward to testing it out tonight. I will test a couple of specs for it. Just a question: what weapons are you using?
    I didn't use real weapons in my simulation; just entered their speed and dps.
    The DK tank site: pwnwear.com.

+ Reply to Thread