+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bv 3.2

Bv 3.2

Block Value: The amount of bonus block value on all items has been doubled. This does not affect the base block value on shields or block value derived from strength.
    On-Use Block Value Items: All items and set bonuses that trigger temporary increases to block value have been modified. Instead of increasing their block value amount by 100% like other items, they have all had their effect durations doubled. This applies to Glyph of Deflection, Gnomeregan Autoblocker, Coren's Lucky Coin, Lavanthor's Talisman, Libram of Obstruction, Tome of the Lightbringer, Libram of the Sacred Shield, the tier 8 paladin Shield of Righteousness bonus, the tier 5 paladin Holy Shield bonus, and the tier 5 warrior Shield Block bonus.

hrmmmmmm interesting....

Indeed, I think i could be protting a bit more in PVP again. I have myself a decent Sheild Block set.

Does this mean we will be doing regular 10K shield slams
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

They will probably change the damage formula for shield slam.

With 16k shield slams currently possible... @_@

haha 1 shotting clothies as a tank, yeah i seen some of those slam records....insane
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

The change that you are also forgetting is the new change to resilience.

Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. The other effects of resilience (reducing critical chance, critical damage and mana drain effects) have not changed.

This basically means that all players take less damage from your normal attacks as well as your crits (even causing a "double dip" effect when you critically strike). So yes, it is possible that we will see some very significant shield slam critical strikes if everything goes according to the current patch notes. However, players that now have 400 or 500+ resilience will be taking a considerable amount less damage overall making this change not staggering for PvP.

Gotta keep the whole picture in mind here.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

i'm afraid we might soon face a shield slam nerf if the ulduar block value gear would be overpowered. Just like paladins got their shield of righteous reduced from 130% block value to 100%.

On the other hand, as stated, it is a temporary 'solution', if / when they change block, it's probably a whole different ball game.

Paladins got their shield of righteous nerf because that damage is 100% unmitigated by armor, our shields slams are still mitigated by armor.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

In my full Ulduar gear, I will gain 77 block value from the change. When I get my BiS chest, I will gain 0 block value from the change. I don't see how this will make block overpowered in Ulduar gear.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I have a boner the size of the statue of liberty!....my 1500 BV set is goin to get buffed ...to what? 2K... 2.5k?

omg Schwing!

Source: 3.2 PTR
    Shield Block: Shield Slam no longer benefits from the increased block value granted by this ability. However, while Shield Block is active, Shield Slam generates 100% additional threat.

where's your boner now?
    I wish I wasn't right about damage changes I had in mind because they buffed the SBV. I'm not saying I predicted this change exactly as it stands now, but I think we can mostly agree that this is a silly change. Block still is a bit of a weird stat, not the best damage reducing stat, compared to dodge / parry / miss. And now not even that awesome anymore for a bit of extra damage output combined with the wotlk shield block change (increasing block value to give us some burst).
    I feel nerfed more than buffed with the shield block change they currently put down. However i still hope there's some other solution to the whole blocking issue blizzard will present us. Hopefully with more consideration this time, the first things I read about the initial block value increase change was stated to be a temporary solution. Let's just hope they make something... more interesting?

(sorry to play the negative nancy here but i have been playing prot since closed beta and i can't stop myself from using the sword and board everywhere, also in pvp, which seems to become less interesting with changes like these. I would probably like the good old pre 3.2 mechanics better for now, but hey, it's not live yet, so who knows.)

+ Reply to Thread