Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Bladeward vs. Mongoose

Quote Originally Posted by Tarigar View Post
    Super where this is coming from is since the parry range increased due to bladeward we know that the number was from 56-58, which were blocks without the buff. So yeah it is a guess if it is 56, 57, or 58 but we know it still was a block before. That is using my previous post.
    There was something said about this being an evaluation of what happened. In a log it won't show you the what if. It won't tell you exactly what number was rolled when you blocked that one time, neither does it tell you that your parry was only provided by the additional rating granted by the buff. Therefor you cannot say it's used to evaluate a real actual event. You cannot take one number of your choosing and use it to evaluate what really happened in game. It fails at re evaluating a what if, a what may be or a legitimate statistic of the benefit of the buff.

You need to average over time. Thats it. Events will not become other events cause that's not how the roll or the RNG system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Superspy23 View Post
    There was something said about this being an evaluation of what happened. In a log it won't show you the what if. It won't tell you exactly what number was rolled when you blocked that one time neither does it tell you that your parry was only provided by the additional rating granted by the buff. Therefor you cannot say it's used to evaluate a real actual event. You cannot take one number of your choosing and use it to evaluate what really happened in game. It fails at re evaluating a what if, a what may be or a legitimate statistic of the benefit of the buff.

You need to average over time. Thats it. Events will not become other events cause that's not how the roll system works.
    So then measuring the effectiveness of the enchant based on procs is null and void.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

So then measuring the effectiveness of the enchant based on procs is null and void.
    It just so happens that that's not even remotely what I said. However if you want to talk proc rate I can do that. If the proc rate is poor yet it yields an amazing uptime once it does proc then how good is the enchant. Is it bad because the proc rate is bad or is it good because the up time is good? You have to look at the whole fight to gauge its overall effect.

Next question.

I lets try to have short questions I'm enjoying that at the moment. (And I have a dinner date to get to soon.)

neither does it tell you that your parry was only provided by the additional rating granted by the buff. Therefor you cannot say it's used to evaluate a real actual event. You cannot take one number of your choosing and use it to evaluate what really happened in game. It fails at re evaluating a what if, a what may be or a legitimate statistic of the benefit of the buff.

You need to average over time. Thats it. Events will not become other events cause that's not how the roll or the RNG system works.
    It just so happens that that's not even remotely what I said. However if you want to talk proc rate I can do that. If the proc rate is poor yet it yields an amazing uptime once it does proc then how good is the enchant. Is it bad because the proc rate is bad or is it good because the up time is good? You have to look at the whole fight to gauge its overall effect.
    You said it in your previous post. Also if I am analzying it wrong then please show me how to do the math correctly and use real numbers produced from one of the parses with the data to show it. I have yet to see you post actual numbers for anything.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

You said it in your previous post. Also if I am analzying it wrong then please show me how to do the math correctly and use real numbers produced from one of the parses with the data to show it. I have yet to see you post actual numbers for anything.
    It'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'll try my best to be thorough to make sure this gets solidly back on topic.

It fails at re evaluating a what if, a what may be or a legitimate statistic of the benefit of the buff.
    There is no legitimate statistic or befit of the buff that will turn a regular hit into a parry. Now if you want to go by what ifs that are not possible with current game mechanics, then by all means, go ahead. But the fact still stands that blade ward's proc avoidance does not cause a regular hit to become a parry, it causes a block to become a parry or a regular hit to become a block or it has no effect at all.

However if you want to talk proc rate I can do that. If the proc rate is poor yet it yields an amazing uptime once it does proc then how good is the enchant. Is it bad because the proc rate is bad or is it good because the up time is good?
    10-20% uptime is good? I guess i am spoiled to mongoose with a almost 60% uptime, or any of the other high uptime buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    There is no legitimate statistic or befit of the buff that will turn a regular hit into a parry. Now if you want to go by what ifs that are not possible with current game mechanics, then by all means, go ahead. But the fact still stands that blade ward's proc avoidance does not cause a regular hit to become a parry, it causes a block to become a parry or a regular hit to become a block or it has no effect at all.
    Wasn't relevant the first 800 times you said it and it still isn't.

This is getting silly. No one is posting anything to change the arguments, 2 players are arguing 1 thing, the others are failing to see their point and dismissing it. Thread closed. If you want to start a new thread with relevant NEW data, then do so, but if you open up just a thread that has NOTHING new. I will temp ban all of you who reply.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread