Thread: (Thorim) Aura of Celerity not working proper?!

(Thorim) Aura of Celerity not working proper?!

My guild has started on Thorim 25m Hard Mode and in my opinion we had some good attempts for our first night. However, it seems there was an issue with the Aura of Celerity provided by a Mind Controlled Warbringer. Some raiders reported the buff was active while others reported it inactive. I was the shadow priest Mind Controlling the mob and also noticed I did not have the Aura.

The range of the Aura of Celerity is 40 yards and myself, along with others who reported it inactive, were definitely in range to receive it.

I noticed while I channeled my Mind Control that pressing '4' (Aura hotkey on the pet bar) didn't activate or deactivate the aura. Every single time I cast MC the aura showed as all ready active - except for once where it showed on the action bar as inactive. I pressed '4' to try to activate the aura but the action button did not display any reaction at all.

--

It would be helpful if anyone else having done or attempting Thorim Hard Mode with use of Mind Controlled Warbringers could share their experiences if they have a solution or have experienced the same oddity I have.

My addons are up to date and I've not had any issues using abilities on my action bars any where else aside from Mind Controlling the Warbringer. Regardless, I hope any replies made here can help me rule out a UI / AddOn issue. While I do not believe this is the case I've not ruled it out as a possibility all together - so for your information; I use Bartender4 for my Action Bars.

I would've liked my first post to be an informative one rather than an inquisitive one. Thanks in advance for any replies.

It only affects the group members of the priest casting the MC... in theory. Weird that you were not getting it yourself if you were the one doing the MC.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    It only affects the group members of the priest casting the MC... in theory. Weird that you were not getting it yourself if you were the one doing the MC.
    Could you possibly provide an updated source that shows it still only effects my party? To the best of my knowledge the most up to date sources state Aura of Celerity was changed recently to effect the entire raid.

Example Source:
    World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Aura of Celerity

I'm 99.9% convinced this post and multiple others, should you choose to search for more verification, are correct in saying it effects the entire raid now.

Regardless it doesn't address the issue of being unable to activate / deactive the aura via the pet action bar. I appreciate your reply and hope for any additional theory or information as to the cause of my issue.

I had not seen that. That's cool, because it was going to be a real pain to get everyone that achievement.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozamet View Post
    The range of the Aura of Celerity is 40 yards and myself, along with others who reported it inactive, were definitely in range to receive it.

I noticed while I channeled my Mind Control that pressing '4' (Aura hotkey on the pet bar) didn't activate or deactivate the aura. Every single time I cast MC the aura showed as all ready active - except for once where it showed on the action bar as inactive. I pressed '4' to try to activate the aura but the action button did not display any reaction at all.
    Just a wild guess, we gonna start using WBringers from next reset, they have 4K mana only... Aura was stacking in old days... Any chance that 5 mind controlling or activating/deactivating actually depleted his mana?

//This is just a guess - it's not by any means fact.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Used two warbringers tuesday like always, both still stacking neither SP in my group.