+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If your gear socre is high, shoud u push 3k DPS?

If your gear socre is high, shoud u push 3k DPS?

So if (according to Wow-heroes.com) your gear score shows you are able to do 25 Ulduar... should all classes be able to do 3k damage easy on boss fights?

I could put on all spellpower gear as a warrior and wowheroes would give me a high score and tell me I could do ulduar.

Another site that is absolutely pointless is wow-popular. Just because a lot of people have an item does not make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    I could put on all spellpower gear as a warrior and wowheroes would give me a high score and tell me I could do ulduar.

Another site that is absolutely pointless is wow-popular. Just because a lot of people have an item does not make it good.
    these are guildies i am looking at... so i know they have the right gear, i am more trying to figure out if they have a bad rotational or what not

You should be able to do 3k dps in naxx gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    You should be able to do 3k dps in naxx gear...
    Pre-naxx gear tbh. With both my DK and lock i pushed 3k with heroic/emblem/crafted gear, even some blues.

what class is having trouble doing over 3k dps? in my guild your not allowed in ulduar 10 or 25 until you do 3k dps self buffed and link it to one of the leaders

i do 2.3k+ dps on my DK with like 3 blues and nothing over naxx10 gear.

wow-heroes means absolutely nothing, but if it says someone is ready for uld25, they should probably be pulling at least 3.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthbebold View Post
    in my guild your not allowed in ulduar 10 or 25 until you do 3k dps self buffed and link it to one of the leaders
    On my unholy DK, I can go into CoT: Black Morass, pull the whole instance and pull 25k dps with AOE if I have a healer. I have 3 blues. Hope you're screening out AOE pulls before you let people in
    Last edited by kfealz; 06-16-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo

target dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Caly View Post
    Pre-naxx gear tbh. With both my DK and lock i pushed 3k with heroic/emblem/crafted gear, even some blues.
    Kind of misleading, since heroic, emblem, crafted epics are all ilvl 200, which is the same as 90% of 10 man gear.

Pre-Naxx you can get pretty geared up, people don't seem to realize this/are too impatient to get the gear.

I'm pretty skeptical that the average class can do 3k self buffed coming out of heroics or even in the average raid composition (I don't do many 25 mans so maybe I'm short selling the awesome synergy you can get there).

After you've raided enough to phase out low level/poorly itemized gear (so many socketless plate helms in naxx for instance) you should 1) have the gear and 2) class knowledge to be pushing 3k dps without breaking a sweat.

True, but i wasn't talking about itemlevel, just that you should be able to do it even though you haven't set foot in naxx.

And targetdummies can be terribly missleading as well,with full BiS items pre-ulduar i had a hard time pushing 3k on a dummy.

Gear score is one of the most worthless add ons/meters I have ever encountered. We have threatened to drop guildies from raids for spamming that crap. As long as someone is gearing in a relatively responsible manner for their class, their dps is considerably mroe dependant on rotation than gear. Without doing the whole "I did 1 billion dps at lvl 12" thing, if someone cannot do 3k dps on a single target boss unbuffed, I do not believe they belong in Ulduar.

When I lead pug raids I go by a basic philosophy.
    If you claim to be a class that CAN dps (which is all classes), and you ARE dps spec, there is no excuse to be under 2000 DPS no matter your gear. Granted some fights are not-so-great for certain classes but still, 2000 dps = my white swings.

And, to your exact post, wow-heroes is terrible. Gives people a false sense of "i'm good"-ness. People see that wow-heroes claims they can do stuff so they think they can.

To do 3K the only classes that I have seen do it consistantly unbuffed would be DK's, rogues and hunters without significant naxx 25 gear.

The issue has been slightly addressed and why blizz introduced Titansteel Spellblade - Item - World of Warcraft on the last patch because mages and locks had no craftable epic weapon they could use. The casters also have a massive hit cap of 368 (422 untalented) they must meet and its hard to get that much hit of low end gear.

If you try to setup a pug for naxx 25 with a restriction of 3K dps you look at the classes you get respond it.

I agree with most of the guys above 2K is much more realistic unbuffed and is achievable that means in raid you will be pulling close to or above 3K.

Besides which as we all know having 3K dps doesn't mean they aren't a retard ... how many 3K dps have you seen dead on the floor unable to dance with heigen or unable to walk out of red pools with KT.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Caly View Post
    True, but i wasn't talking about itemlevel, just that you should be able to do it even though you haven't set foot in naxx.

And targetdummies can be terribly missleading as well,with full BiS items pre-ulduar i had a hard time pushing 3k on a dummy.
    The lack of buffs and debuffs make a huge difference. Testing on a dummy for "raid dps" isn't effective unless you're with a few people getting the buffs your class needs. I also believe its misleading because there is no tanks threat to worry about, or any movement needed.

In regards to raid buffed. I believe the majority of classes should be able to pump out 3k dps in between Naxx 10 and 25 gear assuming they're buffed.

In a 25man raid, you should be able to do 3k dps in blues on a single target boss. In Naxx gear, 5k.

And I agree about dummies being misleading. Some classes are more reliant on raid buffs than others. And when testing, some just do it the "wrong" way and stop too fast, which favours burst specs. The best way to test unbuffed dps is to dps the dummy for 6 minutes at a time and then average the results.

But in general full raid buffs add about ~1k to dps, but as said, some classes get more than others.
    Last edited by Cookie; 06-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.

My warlock pushed 3.7k dps on patch in a 25 man raid a week after hitting 80.

blues/lv 80 emblem stuff/couple of T5/T6 epics.

of course I used a flask and two haste pots (used right before the pull and had the cooldown ready for the bloodlust, 1.2 second incinerates ftw) but I wanted to see what blue gear can do

just because you can do 3.7k dps on a standing target does not mean you are ulduar ready. My lock definitly wasnt when I did that test.

For some classes, the dps your are capable of in a 25 man fully raid buffed is very different from what you can pull by your self on a target dummy. My alt mage (firebal spec) can barely break 3K on a dummy by himself, but I can easily do over 4.5K on patchwerk in a 25 man with raid buffs, and I'm admittedly out of practice.

all i have to say is WOW! IF any of you are going into ulduar or even considering going into ulduar with blues. Unless its a pug your guild should be slapped! /slap guild

In my guild you weren't allowed in 25m Naxx if you had more then 1 blue and we went by the wow-heroes.com score.

1800+ 10m naxx
    2000+ 25m naxx
    2100+ 10/25m EOE
    2150+ OS + 2drakes 25m

That was pre ulduar.

Now its:

2200+ 10m ulduar
    2250+ 25m ulduar
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    And i ment 3k dps unbuffed on the target dummy in IF if your alliance
    Single target DPS is the only thing that matters.

and FYI for those that think 3k dps is good. try thinking about the dps that some have in the guild that are doing things like 25m hodir hardmoode...

I was linked the damage meter from a friend whos guild recently killed hodir25m hard mode..

they had 2 mages doing 16k dps and a warlock doing 12k. So FYI 3k dps is crap

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    My warlock pushed 3.7k dps on patch in a 25 man raid a week after hitting 80.

blues/lv 80 emblem stuff/couple of T5/T6 epics.

Why are you wearing T5/T6 ? if you ment t7/t8 ok..

but to give you a heads up because it sounds like you just hit 80. its t7, t7.5(or t7 25m), t8, t8.5 (or t8 25m ).

+ Reply to Thread