+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needing some advises on gear :(

Needing some advises on gear :(

So, yesterday I was doing 10man naxx with some guildies.
    Long story short. I only do 10man naxx and heroics (and ocassionally... on a very rare basis OT things in Ulduar) but the thing is, although I'm full epic'd and I'm MTing the raid... I do feel I'm falling behind on stats.
    I have gemed/enchanted some of my gear pieces for expertise/hit rating 'cause if I don't then my expertise would fall down to like 16 and my hit rating to 180 or less.

Yesterday I got Gauntlets of the Master - Item - World of Warcraft and I also have the T7 gloves but I do not use them 'cause it kills my expertise yet the guildies say "you should rise your avoidance a bit more", right now I'm around the 45% pure avoidance

My question is: Is it advisable to sacrifice my gems/enchants/exp_gear to get more stamina and avoidance?

This is me: The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanx for the help.

Compa.
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

Noone ?
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

It's common for guildies to advise that a warrior gets as much avoidance/stamina as they can...they see big hp numbers and think that is what makes a succesful tank. Your hp is fine for naxx 10. I would change the hit gems for stamina though. You could reach your hit cap with a food buff. Also, Kyzoc's Ground Stompers would be nice for ya.

On a side note...I don't know if you remember me, but we got drunk together during Brewfest on Agamaggen once. LOL. If this is the same Compa. You also were the reason I stayed fury for so long during tbc. lol.
    Last edited by Teslin; 06-16-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Teaslin!

This isn't the correct forum, you would get more responses in the help forum
    "Ultimately, making the blanket statement '25m content is harder, period' is at best an overstatement and at worst ignorant drivel." Garrek

Compa at the end of the day what makes the difference between a good tank and a bad one is whether or not the raid is alive, you are alive..ish and the boss is dead.
    Its hard finding a good balance between avoidance and threat if you pug a lot of your raids. My advice is find a good raiding guild and adjust your play style to meet the raids. If they are hard hitting peeps, go for more threat, might help if ya start the pulls with a mocking blow or something or other then build your threat. If the dps is a bit low, adjust you're avoidance to meet the healers mana pool. Basically a tank needs to have a solid group of raiders to develop and progress. But thats just my two cents.
    Hope I helped ya out a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Teslin View Post
    I would change the hit gems for stamina though. You could reach your hit cap with a food buff. Also, Kyzoc's Ground Stompers would be nice for ya.
    This.

Also, replace your meta with Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft and enchant your new gloves with expertise if you're concerned about it. Your current hit and expertise levels are more than adequate for naxx10. Unless you're having threat issues, I would focus on effective health and avoidance and use either Rhinolicious Wormsteak - Item - World of Warcraft or Snapper Extreme - Spell - World of Warcraft to supplement your threat generation. Also, you might consider using Elixir of Expertise - Item - World of Warcraft with a guardian elixir if you're doing content you have on farm.

There are more sources of threat generation than just your gear. Use everything available to you.

Thanx a lot guys
    Teslin, I DO remember you!!! Thanx for the advises n_n it's been a long time!
    You know, my best friend used that display for a long time. That caught my eye, then your name was familiar and then getting drunk haha.

I will do my best to get those boots. also I think I'll use the T7 gloves and replace the gems, then compensate the loss of expertise and hit rating with the elixir and the food. Thanx a lot

/hugs Teslin

+ Reply to Thread