+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best H 5mans to farm emblems/hour?

Best H 5mans to farm emblems/hour?

During the week I don't have much time to play, and need to optimize gear gains. I figure I'll try to do one Heroic 5man each week night. Which ones should I focus on? Just whatever the H daily quest is, or are there others worth doing even if they're not the daily?

Depends if you need any specific gear - if you still need the red sword of courage for instance then you should always run UP which has a pretty decent badge count too - although of course its not the easiest HC out there. If its just quick badges you're after then Azjol Nerub is probably the best time per badge with 3 bosses and almost no trash. Other than that just go for what ever the daily is really - most instances give between 3-5 badges so there isn't a huge difference.

CoT Strat, Nexus and Gundrak have five badges.
    Nexus trash also gives loads of rep if you still need any.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious… but here we go:
    Most importantly - bring a good team. Speed badge farming really only works if you go in guns blazing with other people that know what they're on about.

*nods*

Nothing else to add here.
    My lack of proper signature actually is a proud minimalistic stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanius View Post
    CoT Strat, Nexus and Gundrak have five badges.
    Nexus trash also gives loads of rep if you still need any.
    I usually did daily if it was anything else the Oculus. Nexus is nice and easy and farms rep fast too. VH and AN are also very fast to run (and usually super-easy to find grp) so I'd say their badges per time spent is quite good.

CoS has 5 bosses if you do it timed, so that means you can do a 2nd Hc if you want...

AN, HOL, DTK, and UK are pretty fast. Especially AN...seems like every time I do that one, it's, "That's all?" Heh, heh...!

The 5 badge ones are probably more badges per time spent, though, when one factors in the time it takes to get a group together, on any given day. Personally, I like Gundrak, as long as everyone knows the "quirks" of the fights, it goes quickly, and has that extra badge.

As someone stated, it depends mostly on group dynamics, in the absence of over gearing.
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

VH, CoS, AN, OK (I actually skip Jedoga because of the extra trash not being worth it). Time is 20min, 25min, 20min, 20-30min for 90min and 15 or 16 badges. Order was AN, OK, hearth, VH, CoS, hearth.
    If you aren't higher than me in total damage done or total healing done, all comments will be /ignore'd

Quote Originally Posted by headknocker View Post
    VH, CoS, AN, OK (I actually skip Jedoga because of the extra trash not being worth it). Time is 20min, 25min, 20min, 20-30min for 90min and 15 or 16 badges. Order was AN, OK, hearth, VH, CoS, hearth.
    I would go Nexus, CoS, Gun'Drak then Drak'Tharon.

All 4 are easily 30 min runs. But your group has to be prepared to move with you.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Thx all, much appreciated. Getting a good group is definitely the #1 issue, and not always guaranteed. H AN and H VH are on average the quickest I've done, unless the group is iffy in which case we have problems on Anub'arak. CoS, DTK, and HoL/HoS are relatively nearby, if a bit longer runs. Gundrak, UK/UP, and Nexus are a bit of a hike though.

+ Reply to Thread