+ Reply to Thread

Thread: to be a better dk tank

to be a better dk tank

hey im curretnly a DK forst tank i have tanked naxx, most heroics and alot of other things im just wonder what neededs to be better and what I really should be tanking and what in my talent spec should be better. i inculded a link to the armoury post whatevery you think will help me

link-> The World of Warcraft Armory

Base gear:
    -Get a new weapon ASAP. The Titansteel Destroyer, crafted by Blacksmiths, is an excellent pre-raid choice. You could also go for the epic 2H sword from the Argent Tournament, the name of which escapes me right now.
    -Get the emblem of heroism trinket, the Valor Medal of the First War. The TBC trinket, while good for its time, is not better than the avoidance boost you get from the valor medal.

Gems & Enchants:
    -Never gem for parry. Ever. If you're going to gem for avoidance, then you gem for dodge. Dodge will always give more avoidance per rating point than parry.
    -You have a couple of unenchanted items. Get them enchanted, your gear is worth it.
    -Gloves enchant is a bit weird. Go for the 2% threat and 10 parry rating enchant. Boots as well: get the stamina enchant here.
    -Get the better version of the leg armor. Epic enchant for epic gear.

Overall stats:
    -Your expertise is horribly, horribly low. Your TPS is suffering a lot as a result: gem for more expertise if you can, and get some gear with expertise rating on it. You pretty much need 26 expertise as a DK to deal decent TPS, so work on that ASAP.

Talents:
    -You skipped tundra stalker? That's a necessary talent, especially with your low expertise. I won't comment further as I'm no expert on frost, but this part particularly stood out to me.

You've made a good effort overall. Keep working at it, especially the expertise issue.

anyone have any optinons on my current spec?

and like you said my tps isn't the best but i can pull agroo enough to tank(except when a certian mage cast a 10kcrit the second i start attacking hten mally cast arcane breath whipeing hte raid) *cough doggrande *cough

can anyone give me at lest an opinion about the specc

ok there's a few things going on in your spec i don't really like.
    blood tree. drop scent of blood get blade armor. also unless your healers suck i would drop rune tap. however i know people who like it as a lifeline.
    frost tree. all jacked up. icy tallons is not that great and your loosing out on a few awesome skills. deathchill is awesome.
    hungering cold is a pvp skill, not really useful in tanking.
    tundra stalker is also a prime skill
    you can drop a rank in killing machine. the last rank doesn't improve the skill that much.
    unholy tree. i like epidemic over imp death grip but that's just me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

+ Reply to Thread